Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those who want McGhee sacked, look away now.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who want McGhee sacked, look away now.

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Something needs to be done and McGhee doesn't seem to have a clue what that is at the present time.
McGhee knows EXACTLY what needs to be done.

McGhee's mistakes may have cost us points (Reading aside - not too many spring to mind, but doubtless someone will enlighten me). But his tactical nous has also brought us points where none were expected.

Reading aside (once again) isn't hindsight wonderful?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So you want me to figure out whether Barreloffun & TLO or Chappers & Kinky make more sense ..........................................

Can i come back to you on that ? :dunce:

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who want McGhee sacked, look away now.

The Large One said:
McGhee knows EXACTLY what needs to be done.

McGhee's mistakes may have cost us points (Reading aside - not too many spring to mind, but doubtless someone will enlighten me). But his tactical nous has also brought us points where none were expected.

Reading aside (once again) isn't hindsight wonderful?

His 'tactical nous' has also taken us from positions where we should be winning games to drawing them.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Excellent post.

McGhee is doing as good a job as anyone could under the circumstances. It's all very well people going on about how he should have signed this player or that one, but if the players don't want to come here (which, faced with a choice of almost every other club in the Championship or us, they wouldn't), he ain't going to get them is he? It's not McGhee's fault.

I can't think of many better candidates for the job. People of a decent calibre aren't queuing up to manage the Albion.

We are not in the relegation zone because of McGhee. We're in it because we have a relatively weak squad at this level, with a few players who are either past it or were never really good enough, (not all of them), and we're not as good a team as others in the Championship. We let in too many goals, and we don't score enough. And we have no money to buy new players with, which McGhee can't do anything about.

The guy does his best- give him a break! It's not going to change, (at least not until Christmas, when Harry Redknapp walks out of Fratton Park in a huff, citing the chairman's interference after Mandaric failed to consult him over a change in the brand of quilted toilet paper in the boardroom ladies lavatories, and decides to complete a clean sweep of south coast clubs).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who want McGhee sacked, look away now.

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
His 'tactical nous' has also taken us from positions where we should be winning games to drawing them.
Are you blaming tactics and tactics alone for the players not being able to hang on to a lead? If they're good enough to take the lead, they should be good enough to hang on to it. On some days, that is clearly not the case.

Do you not acknowledge that the players should have a level of responsibility on the pitch?

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who want McGhee sacked, look away now.

The Large One said:

Do you not acknowledge that the players should have a level of responsibility on the pitch?

Yes I do.

I do not think, however, that it's all down to the side when you concede two goals in the last few minutse. I think that is exactly where a manager should be showeing his worth.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It would also help if Magoo could coach our GLUT of strikers where the goal is :angry: :angry: :angry:

As a (decent) striker himself I find it bloody annoying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here