Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those who think speed cameras are just a psudo tax

The people who take the decisions to install speed cameras (usually the police or the local highway authority) don't benefit directly from the revenue from speeding fines (which goes to the Treasury).

A lot of speed cameras have been removed over the past year or so, following the development of new guidelines requiring evidence of a road safety problem (ie an accident record) to exist in the locality where they are placed.

One local site that always baffles me is on the A270 Lewes Road, just inside the 40mph section that starts at Moulsecoomb. I don't think I've ever noticed anyone speeding at that point. Does anyone know anybody who has been caught by that particular camera?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
One local site that always baffles me is on the A270 Lewes Road, just inside the 40mph section that starts at Moulsecoomb. I don't think I've ever noticed anyone speeding at that point. Does anyone know anybody who has been caught by that particular camera?

Ineed that is a stupid site. but i for one know some who got a ticket there - my mate decided to moon the camara out the sunroof at 50MPH (while i was holding the steering wheel) :p

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
have not read thread, so dunno if its mentioned above. but why are these things only ever on straight roads and not blackspots?

???

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
The worst are the behind-the-bush merchants with their mobile speed cameras, I've been caught a couple of times over the last year going to and from Plymouth to watch the Albion - beware Somerset!!
wcnige

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here