Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those that do not read the Argus - The CPRE...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
...submitted evidence stating that B&H Council decided on Falmer to move troublesome supporters away from the City Centre and all the businesses.

"Some ten years ago the city appear to have decided Falmer was well out of the centre, so rowdy supporters could create mayhem without disturbing businesses in town".

:rolleyes:

The CPRE also claimed that the Falmer site is a 'jewel in the crown' of the British Countryside. :D :jester:

18 of the 23 games this season have been police free - hardly the actions of a decent police force if we are rabid animals looking for trouble!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Barrel of Fun said:
...submitted evidence stating that B&H Council decided on Falmer to move troublesome supporters away from the City Centre and all the businesses.

"Some ten years ago the city appear to have decided Falmer was well out of the centre, so rowdy supporters could create mayhem without disturbing businesses in town".

:rolleyes:

The CPRE also claimed that the Falmer site is a 'jewel in the crown' of the British Countryside. :D :jester:

18 of the 23 games this season have been police free - hardly the actions of a decent police force if we are rabid animals looking for trouble!

Jewel in the crown? Diamonique by any chance?

They really are fuckwits.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Re: Re: For those that do not read the Argus - The CPRE...

Buzzer said:
Jewel in the crown? Diamonique by any chance?

They really are fuckwits.

they also bang on about 7 million visitors go on the south downs and we will get only about a million
now how f***ing big are the south downs compared to a shitty little field next to a uni , a27 and you call them fu**wits
very mild of you sir , i would call them f***ing w***ers who should go f**k off and if i see them on fire i wouldnt piss on them:angry: :angry: :censored: :censored:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Other sites were even further away from the city centre if that was the case.

I've given up getting pissed off over those fools. Every time they open their mouths or get a letter/article printed they confirm that they have all been dipping into a very shallow gene pool. It won't be long before the miserable, short sighted, bigoted fuckwits are having to come to terms with a nice shiny stadium on their doorsteps.:clap2:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: For those that do not read the Argus - The CPRE...

seagurn said:
they also bang on about 7 million visitors go on the south downs and we will get only about a million
now how f***ing big are the south downs compared to a shitty little field next to a uni , a27 and you call them fu**wits
very mild of you sir , i would call them f***ing w***ers who should go f**k off and if i see them on fire i wouldnt piss on them:angry: :angry: :censored: :censored:

I'm pretty sure that the South Downs Way trail goes from Eastbourne to Winchester so I think that can be safely regarded as big.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Re: For those that do not read the Argus - The CPRE...

Rangdo said:
I'm pretty sure that the South Downs Way trail goes from Eastbourne to Winchester so I think that can be safely regarded as big.

:lol: It is also free which does help boost attendances.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those that do not read the Argus - The CPRE...

Barrel of Fun said:
:lol: It is also free which does help boost attendances.

Actually I stand corrected...

It's f***ing massive...

map-lg.gif

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
so big

what diff will one poxy muddy shitty field make its not f***ing rocket sience is it? a small field for us and they can have the rest and stick it where the sun dont shine

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I undertook the walk with a couple of friends. It took me three days to walk 60 miles and we never completed it. I don't think we bargained on stopping at so many pubs. :lol:

Our attendance would slay the figures purported by the CPRE if it were measured on visitors per square metre!!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
seagurn said:
so big

what diff will one poxy muddy shitty field make its not f***ing rocket sience is it? a small field for us and they can have the rest and stick it where the sun dont shine

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

You need to open your eyes. Look at it from the CPRE's point of view and stop swallowing the club's bullshit.

When you look at the REAL plans you can clearly see that there will be very little of the South Downs left and the current attendance of 7 million visitors per year will be decimated by this development.

I mean LOOK AT IT! IT'S A DISGRACE.

falmersouthdownsthetrutwc5.jpg

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
WTF? Who said they could build Lewes on the South Downs? It's just not on.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And I fecking well hate charities that are very similar to the word "CRAP"!

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Nemesis said:
f***ing Hell!:eek:

Where the f*** will I be able to park with that monster foisted on Sussex Downland?

Well theres some attractive looking green land to either side of the stadium. Perhaps you could park it there? Although if the club want to expand at any point that'll scupper that idea.

Rangdo said:
Well theres some attractive looking green land to either side of the stadium. Perhaps you could park it there? Although if the club want to expand at any point that'll scupper that idea.

Sorted-Park and Ride from Winchester it is.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I bet there is no mention that one of the biggest destroyers of natural habitat on the Downs are agribusinesses, particularly the number of ancient monuments they've destroyed through ploughing up and turning what was once extensive sheep down into arable land. Consequently, it's the town councils, amongst others, who have had to purchase areas in order to allow it to return to the pre 1945 state that had endured for thousands of years previously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here