Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] For Those Of You Who Know Hove Pubs

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Hello chaps, and girls! In order to get back into the groove of attending Albion matches there is a distinct probability that myself and soul mates will be doing a pub crawl-ish from Hove Station down to the Better Half (Hove Place) in the next couple of weeks. What I’m after is a list of decent boozers en route to visit on our wayward journey. Your recommendations please. Cheers! :drink:

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
I reckon the following lineup would have something for everyone …

The Watchmakers Arms > The Exchange > The Stirling Arms > The Urchin > The Better Half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

The Watchmakers Arms > The Exchange > The Stirling Arms > The Urchin > The Better Half.

Blimey is the Stirling Arms now considered a groovy place? I was born in the next street along and it was always considered an old mans pub and half a pint of bitter. That was nearly 65 years ago so I suppose it could have changed a bit since then of course :shrug:

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Blimey is the Stirling Arms now considered a groovy place? I was born in the next street along and it was always considered an old mans pub and half a pint of bitter. That was nearly 65 years ago so I suppose it could have changed a bit since then of course :shrug:

It’s been through a couple of iterations since then I imagine. Although I did drink in there for a bit in the mid 90’s and recall there was a shopping trolley permanently placed in the corner under the dart board. More recently it became The Foragers, a ‘gastropub’. The current owners have returned to old name and have a pretty good record for running successful pubs although I’m not sure if groovy is the right word [emoji3]

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove

Agreed apart from the Urchin. Too pretentious for a bunch of lads

theboybilly

Ah, bought my first pub pint in there aged 14. It was small, dark and gloomy in there. Hope it’s improved over the decades.

I think that that's the Neptune's selling point great little pub even when there's no entertainment.
Re: the Watchmakers Arms - that's my post-match watering hole. Its a lovely micropub with a good Albion contingent in most matchdays. The beers are always kept well. Run by very decent people

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here