Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For those of you that arrived at The AMEX on a bicycle, yesterday...

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I've cycled to the Amex since 2015/16 (sometimes regularly, sometimes occasionally), and have always taken my helmet in, inside a regular size backpack. Not sure if I've been lucky or not!

My first time cycling was the Leeds game. As I was exiting the stadium one of the stewards was handing a cycling helmet to someone that had been kept in a cupboard. I stopped and asked him if it normal practice and he said it wasn't - but had accepted it from this chap as he was running late as he entered the stadium and the match was about to kick off.

I thought the maximum bag size was A4 ... yet a woman that sat next to me a couple of games ago had not only a huge canvas bag ... but she also had an aluminium flask!!!! Hot did that get past the security check I wonder??!!!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
That feels like such an unhelpful answer. I get what he's saying but surely if the club had conversations with the universities and local council, and other businesses, and said ''we'd like to pay for some more bike racks to be installed outside of the stadium footprint, on nearby paths/roads/car parks etc'' then nobody would have much of a problem with that. That path between the station and the bridge carpark is roughly 600/700m long and wide enough that you could have bike racks installed on one side, with still plenty of room for people to walk by and emergency services to drive along.

I once emailed PB basically saying that the travel plan of buses and trains is being overwhelmed, and gave a list of suggestions that were not aimed at coming up with some totally new way getting 32,000 people too and from the stadium, but more small things that could be done to get an extra few hundred people cycling, or an extra few hundred people walking, or by motorbike, or better signage to local bus route etc. Small things that might total 500-1000 people then not getting in a queue for the buses or trains. & his response was basically 'thanks but we're not going to do any of that, the system is fine'. He gave examples of other stadiums that have trouble shifting people, which I dont doubt is true, but that doesnt mean we cant look to improve our way of doing things.

Have only ever sent one email bit similar to a reply I got on a different subject. A page long reply that basically told me they know how to run a football club.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Why not have a decent BTN bickshare hub at the stadium, and then add one in Lewes?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
As you've seen I don't need it.

I can arrive at 17:00 and still get pole position, the other bikes see mine and make room.

Somewhat akin to The Fonz walking into Al's Diner.

could i be bold enough to ask what your footie hack is, stat?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yes people waiting for trains queue up on the left hand side of the bridge and go down the ramp. People heading to the University stay on the right hand side and go down the stairs.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Why on earth were the police/stewards making everyone heading towards A27/Sussex campus go down the walkway and not use the stairs yesterday? Just seemed pointless bossing around of football fans for the sake of it. The cops at the top of the stairs were getting plenty of people moaning at them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good to see all those lovely bikes at The Amex tonight.
I hope everybody got home safely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here