Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those of us that travelled to The New Den

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did you expect the return fixture to have Millwall in the top 6 and us behind them?

I certainly didn't.

Although I do remember commenting at the time, the Millwall and the Watford game previous, seemed the beginning of the wheels coming off.

Mr Blobby BHA

May 8, 2011
Worthing, West Sussex
Looking back on it probably wouldn't expect them to be above us however I do remember us defending for a lot of that game especially the last 10 mins when they nicked one back and they did look like scoring a second although we played well and we left that game with confidence for the rest of the season but a few games later it all changed again :down:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Indeed. Frankly until the last twenty minutes they played like a shower of shit. We walked all over them. And then in typical style nearly regretted not killing off the game.

However it just shows what a tight division it is. Any team can turn a season around and win a few on the bounce

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We were really hanging on and I couldn't bear to watch the last 5 minutes of injury time. I know we beat them and looked good in parts but we never looked significantly worse or better TBH both quite even teams with our defence doing the job whilst we were still scoring.

Unfortunately we stopped scoring.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They started playing when down to ten men, something that can happen so often. I think we thought we had killed the game at 0-2 and playing v their 10. You're right though, they did absolutely nothing for 70 mins and then came strong when they had nothing more to lose.

Think they were 5/6th bottom and I believe Palace were bottom hence the now ironic but then contemporary 'you're going down with the Palace'.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think listening to Gus, that's why he's so frustrated. There are a lot of average teams above us. If we start banging in some of our chances, we'd definitely be up there.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Indeed. Frankly until the last twenty minutes they played like a shower of shit. We walked all over them. And then in typical style nearly regretted not killing off the game.

However it just shows what a tight division it is. Any team can turn a season around and win a few on the bounce

yep deffo this,thought they were the worst team we had played up until then

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As someone pointed out we played the Watford game on the previous Tuesday and to be fair we were pretty awful. But at the time happy to be able to say we were playing badly and nicking the three points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here