Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the old rave heads!

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Playing with knives by Bizarre Inc.

Ibiza 92, the Brighton Arms in Figueretas, Amnesia (original foam party before it was cheesy), Es Paradis and Space watching the sun come up and the planes take off.

Happy dayyyyyyyyssssss:smokin:

Taking my mind off the Scotland score at least.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Tonka Zap club every 1st Monday of the month, Rev then Chocci then Harvey 91- to about 93. Doctor Atomic parties, down the Savannah with Bobby Gillespie, red and blacks, doves, pink callies, I remember when the Frock and Jacket got busted. Tonka is still the best night Ive ever been to and there's been many...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
strike95 said:
I did not say the above mentioned song is Rave:angry:

I know it is 100% house and not rave.

I know what Rave music is, I have a big collection of rave music, in fact it might be the collection you have mentioned my fave rave anthem is Altern-8/Evapor-8.

Sorry mate, Didnt mean to be rude ! It is just annoying when people refer to house/rave/hardcore altogether.

Some people think house music is Ian Van dahl and scooter, drives me maaaaaaaaaaaaaadd.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
must admit that annoys me too. but back in 88 to 91/2 all rave, house, hardcore, techno, garage and whatever else was all played together. there wasnt a differance then. it was only once the whole scene started to get more commercial that people realised differant types of music would sell more and would be attractive to differant people.

there wasnt such thing as jungle, speed garage etc.

Last edited:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
graz126 said:
must admit that annoys me too. but back in 88 to 91/2 all rave, house, hardcore, techno, garage and whatever else was all played together. there wasnt a differance then. it was only once the whole scene started to get more commercial that people realised differant types of music would sell more and would be attractive to differant people.

there wasnt such thing as jungle, speed garage etc.

indeed. it used to be hardcore,house and techno
that was it

i wouldn't say it was just because it got commercial though. the music definitely diversified and got more varied. also, the older the scene got, the more anoraky everyone becomes about it :)

one of my favourite tunes:

compounded - edge 1

:)

Last edited:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
My first - Fundamentalist down the Zap in '89.

Agree with Southy 'bout Tonka Sound System. The boys would reject the traditional DJ booth and set up right in the middle of the dancefloor. Tables kept getting knocked by sweaty ravers but when this occured they'd just slam back to the beginning of the track to a massive cheer.

My last (ever) - 'We love' Sundays at Space, Zabiela, Ibiza '03. 14 hour sesh. Rocking.

jg

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
What was that club in Worthing called again, it was back in the days of Acid House, a mansion near Goring!? That used to be wicked!!!
:clap:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
F*** STERNS YES!!! I ve just been saying in me head...st...s....sta.... s....

Cheers for that!!

Now that was a rocking old skool club!!
:flameboun

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sterns was class, agree with you Partridge, Edge 1 - top tune !!

Dj sy always used to play that (you can download it on that Back to the old skool site too)

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
I used to go to sterns when i was at school - still got my Lenny D and Kenny Ken tape! That was my first night at sterns so was well chuffed when i got it on tape!!!

Red and Blacks hey, completely forgotton about them!!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Wilko said:
My first few events were at sterns 92-93 when I was 15 and still at school !!

I then used to go to fusion, helter sketer and dreamscape regulaly, still listen to the old slipmatt and sy tapes - love it !

Sterns was mental!!!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
What planet are you from ?
Planet Ecstasy!

Who do you know?
No -One

Then take a trip with me!

LSD
Love Sex and Danger

Everything starts with an E !!

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I remember we nearly went through the roof of a club in Bournemouth in my rave days, completely out of my box, can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
just a quick question for you lot, not sure when the Zap started but possibly before the Zap was the Zap was there a regular ish rave held in one of the old tunnels there or there abouts probably around 1987-88 ish I was living in London and used to come down now and again to see mates and the Albion and remember ending up in there after being to the Escape.

First rave somewhere off the Commercial road in east London 1987, took my first E paid £25 quid and at the time I thought it was life changing experience but then again I was only 16.

Trying to explain it to my mates the next day i think they all thought i was mad talking about people all dancing for 8 hours non stop and everybody well happy and the feeling this little pill gave, they, soon learnt!

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Did anyone ever go to BACK TO BASICS @the pleasure rooms in Leeds, now that was quality!!

Turning up at home 7am!!

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
SM BHAFC said:
just a quick question for you lot, not sure when the Zap started but possibly before the Zap was the Zap was there a regular ish rave held in one of the old tunnels there or there abouts probably around 1987-88 ish I was living in London and used to come down now and again to see mates and the Albion and remember ending up in there after being to the Escape.

It was The Zap then. That tunnel got darn sweaty didn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here