Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the old rave heads!

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
What was your first rave?
In a field or a on a beach?

What was that rave on Brighton Beach in the early 90's called?
I think it was 1990.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
in clumber park (a national park/ forest). near sherwood forest in 1988.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
My first few events were at sterns 92-93 when I was 15 and still at school !!

I then used to go to fusion, helter sketer and dreamscape regulaly, still listen to the old slipmatt and sy tapes - love it !

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Love their remix competition thing:

"There were a total of 9 mixes submitted (only 8 made it to the site because the 9th is still stuck in my dad's car stereo and won't come out). The mixes ranged from jungle, happy hardcore to old skool anthems sets that the Ratpack would be proud off."

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
loadsa sterns interdance 91'

92' summer a strange blur of fields.

94 London clubs.

good memories from Fantazia bournmouth and vision in winchester.

:)

SOOOOORRRTED

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Doe anyone remenber Passion and Mantra at the Event?!

That was when they used to be able to put on a decent club night there:lolol:

Parties at Shoreham Power station Black Rock, Ovingdean etc. crazy days

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Cool

I remember going to those Mantra, Passion,Storms on hasting pier totally rocked. The best rave has to be Dance 92 for me at the brighton centre. I can remember around 3am Carl Cox came on the decks. The whole place was rocking.

After every rave we always used to end up at someones place, or down the beach chilling out. Everyone looked like total aliens walking there dogs and stuff, I used to say if I ever end up like that shoot me lol. But I am now doing the same things, as taking all those checmicals in the past has made me want to look after my body more. I would never ever dare take any chemicals these days they are just full of rubbish unless of course you know otherwise

I want to know if anyone ever used to feel on the edge when they ever took E. I can remember on some occasions thinking I was not going to make it which was scary?

Does anyone else remember everyone in the Event toilets off there faces?

Callies, Love Doves, Red & Blacks lol

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
1st rave i went in 88 as mentioned above. but used to go to wigan pier, doncaster warehouse and leeds afterdark quite a lot from 90 till above 95. plus many other events. even did the old bit of record spinning myself at de grays rooms in york. happy daize.:)

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
Shoreham Power Station...I was there!
Ovingdean beach...remember when the sound system got pinched & everyone decamped to Firle Beacon? Or was it Ditchling Beacon? Whatever...
All those cars parked up on the grass opposite St Dunstans.
Yeah, it WAS Ditchling beacon. The Meridian news crew turned up at daybreak & we were still going strong, gurning at the camera!
Later that day I'm back at my parents' house & the news comes on....thank the Lord they didn't show me.
Great days indeed.
:clap: ;) :wave:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
happy happy days. i've just been having a listen to a few classics

my first proper rave was in the summer 0f 1990. outdoor thing with a couple of sound systems in surrey. they called the site torpedo town. the same thing happened in 1991. that time there were 10,000 people and more than 2 sound systems. hardcore!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
strike95 said:
I wish I was born in 1976 not 1986. I have heard early 90's rave music, I love mid 90's house/dance music. Fav anthen is Strike/ U Sure Do

Strike/usure do is not RAVE music :angry: :angry:

check out the back to the old skool site

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Wilko said:
Strike/usure do is not RAVE music :angry: :angry:

check out the back to the old skool site

I did not say the above mentioned song is Rave:angry:

I know it is 100% house and not rave.

I know what Rave music is, I have a big collection of rave music, in fact it might be the collection you have mentioned my fave rave anthem is Altern-8/Evapor-8.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here