Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the first time ever the crowd turned on McGhee

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have to say I cannot remember being as negative as I feel Today and felt Saturday. I have been 12 times at home this season and seen them win once against a very poor Plymouth. I feel I have been " entertained " once. Now when you pay the best part of £ 500 for a season ticket is this value ?.

I turned round to my friend on Saturday and said " Please remind me we do this for pleasure don't we ??? ".

I have to say now that this squad would struggle in div 1. There is nothing there. We have a average defence, a weak midfield and a non existant attack. We could have played until midnight Saturday and not scored.

In the 7 consecutive seasons I have been at Withdean this is simply the worst season by a long way. We had a top half finish in div 3 when Adams was gelling an exciting side together, then 2 glorious championships, a very exciting season in the old div 1 when Coppell would have kept us up if we had sacked Hinshelwood 2 games earlier, another promotion and the play off final and survival in the championship.

Last season we won 14 games, this season a win is as rare as a condom machine in the vatican. Even a goal has become an endangered species.

Now I still believe McGhee to be the man, its just he has no material to work with, the finest tailor in the land cannot make a quality suit without any cloth, McGhee has no finances and certainly cannot be expected to compete at this level.

The crowd turned against McGhee Saturday. I stood behind the dug out for the last 2 minutes and he was being royally abused and slagged off with people calling for his head.

When I was walking out most people were calling for his head. When I stuck my head above the paraphet and said he got us up and kept us up give him a chance he will turn it around, people looked at me as though I was off my head.

No McGhee has lost the crowd and I feel for him if we put in another crap performance against Leeds.

Rant over :censored:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:clap:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
We had none of that in the North Stand although from our face on to the dugout angle we could see two stewards almost running in with a few minutes to go to stand beside McGhee, as two guys were almost leaning into the dugout to have a pop.

:nono:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The slagging off was very loud and very personal. McGhee just stood there. I feel sorry for the guy. The only thing that completely baffled me on Saturday as why the hell we only had 1 striker for a cup game ???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That was Ernests ARS. About time the majority of TRUE fans let Magoo know we want him out.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Guy, El-Abd, McShane, Hishelwood all good defenders
Carole, Frutos, Carpenter all good midfielders
CKR, Jakey both talented but young strikers
Hammond is suffering some poor form but is a decent player and needs a rest.

We have the nucleus of a good side it just needs a couple of additions and the best to be bought out of players such as Nicolas, Jarrett and Trolley.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Spielberg said:
The slagging off was very loud and very personal. McGhee just stood there. I feel sorry for the guy. The only thing that completely baffled me on Saturday as why the hell we only had 1 striker for a cup game ???

Wasnt Hart fit? Thats two strikers....

Dandyman

In London village.
I did not hear anyone in J or H Block slagging off Magoo.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Nest season I would clear out the old guard, Mayo, Dodd, Oatway, Carpenter and Hart as well as Knight and El Turi. I would then put Martin, P.Hishelwood, T.Elphick, Lynch, Chamberlain, Fraser, Cox and Gatting in the squad.

If we stay up I would still get rid of Mayo, Oatway, Hart, Dodd and El Turi and get in a couple of of experienced pros and bring through 2 or 3 of these youth teamers.

Last edited:

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
it's not all doom and gloom, we need a strilker and we need one quick. It's tough out there for the boys at the moment and for us lot who sit there and try and stay upbeat...we have too keep the faith i think Mcghee is the one and is working hard to bring in a striker....people are allowed to state their opinions as they pay the cash, but negative breeds negative and this club needs a real uplifting win.....enter Leeds :clap2:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Les Biehn said:
Guy, El-Abd, McShane, Hishelwood all good defenders
Carole, Frutos, Carpenter all good midfielders
CKR, Jakey both talented but young strikers
Hammond is suffering some poor form but is a decent player and needs a rest.

We have the nucleus of a good side it just needs a couple of additions and the best to be bought out of players such as Nicolas, Jarrett and Trolley.

I know what you are saying but on current form these are not chamionship quality players apart from Frutos (Robinson was at S'ton)
We need to sign at least 2 players who are championship quality (on of which can get us 10 goals before May to have any chance of staying up this year

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Of the current squad we have only 1 player most championship sides would take from us

Sebastian Carole

All the other players are looking very div 1 at the moment.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Uncle Spielberg said:
Of the current squad we have only 1 player most championship sides would take from us

Sebastian Carole

All the other players are looking very div 1 at the moment.

I left him out my list due to his past 2 performances

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
For the first time ever, I started to doubt McGhee's abilities as a manager on Saturday. I know we haven't got the players, money etc. And I've always questioned most of his subsitutions, or lack of. But to play one up front at home in a cup was just wrong, CKR can't play as a lone striker, he needs support. I guess the support was meant to come from Carole, but he spent too much time out wide to be of any assistance to CKR.

But for some strange reason I am back to supporting McGhee and feeling slighty optimistic about the possibbility of new signings and getting a great result in the leeds game :ohmy:

SEAGULLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :albion:

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Les Biehn said:
Nest season I would clear out the old guard, Mayo, Dodd, Oatway, Carpenter and Hart as well as Knight and El Turi. I would then put Martin, P.Hishelwood, T.Elphick, Lynch, Chamberlain, Fraser, Cox and Gatting in the squad.

If we stay up I would still get rid of Mayo, Oatway, Hart, Dodd and El Turi and get in a couple of of experienced pros and bring through 2 or 3 of these youth teamers.

Mark McGhee should have got rid of oatway, carpenter mayo and brought in nicholas at the begining of the season. to late now.
sack MM

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Nicolas will hopefully still get a chance. With Oatway out and Hammond out of form he has to play when fit. ???

I think injuries have held him back more than anything.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here