Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the bazillionth time of asking - Team v Watford

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
If you had posted Do Webster or Maupay come straight into anybodies starting XI, then the answer is Yes, as I would put Webster in for Burn from the Valencia starting team

Webster needs a little while to settle and Burn has played very well so it's a no from me and as for Maupay at age 22 goes straight into the under 23 squard

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Ryan
Webster.....Duffy.....Burn
Montoya....Stephen.....Propper.......March
Locadia.....Murray......Trossard.​

Subs> Button, Dunk, Bernardo. Gross Maupay Jahakanbahsh, Andone

Depending on how they look in training could switch Burn and Dunk.

Ha ha look at this side and thought who would leave our captain and ever present centre back out of the starting line up. Then looked at who posted and it says it all. You really are clueless. If you think Dunk is that bad that all previous managers got it wrong.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Burn
Stephens
Propper
Trossard
March
Andone
Murray

Subs
Locadia
Button
Webster
Maupay
Baluta
Bernardo
Gross

It goes to show how far we have come. Having to think about who plays, where as the team used to pick itself. Stephens and Propper need to up their game now or their places are under threat. Some big money players not even in the 18. Times they are a changing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Burn
Stephens
Propper
Trossard
March
Andone
Murray

Subs
Locadia
Button
Webster
Maupay
Baluta
Bernardo
Gross

It goes to show how far we have come. Having to think about who plays, where as the team used to pick itself. Stephens and Propper need to up their game now or their places are under threat. Some big money players not even in the 18. Times they are a changing.

I'm not convinced they are under any threat at all? Certainly not until Bissouma is back fit. The only other CMs are Kayal and the untried Băluţă. Groß doesn't work in a midfield two. Definitely a shortcoming in the current squad balance, IMO.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ryan

Montoya
March

Duffy
Dunk
Webster

Propper
Stephens

Maupay
Trossard
Murray

I would throw Maupay and Webster into the starting line up straight away.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ryan

Montoya
March

Duffy
Dunk
Webster

Propper
Stephens

Maupay
Trossard
Murray

I would throw Maupay and Webster into the starting line up straight away.

I would think that this is very close to what they have in mind as the current 'first XI'. The big conundrum for me is that Bernardo is one of the very best players at the club, and IMO he has to play. If he plays LWB, then March has to compete with Trossard / Maupay / Groß / Alireza / Locadia / Murray / Andone for one of the spots in the front three. If he plays on the left of the back three, then one of Dunk / Duffy / Webster is not playing (not to mention Burn and Balogun).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would think that this is very close to what they have in mind as the current 'first XI'. The big conundrum for me is that Bernardo is one of the very best players at the club, and IMO he has to play. If he plays LWB, then March has to compete with Trossard / Maupay / Groß / Alireza / Locadia / Murray / Andone for one of the spots in the front three. If he plays on the left of the back three, then one of Dunk / Duffy / Webster is not playing (not to mention Burn and Balogun).

Good too have the options. March is made for the wing back role if we are going to play it, as is Bernardo really, as well as that Left side Centre Half, I suspect Bernardo will still get plenty of game time.

Just watching the Valencia game you could tell Potter loves March already :)

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Good too have the options. March is made for the wing back role if we are going to play it, as is Bernardo really, as well as that Left side Centre Half, I suspect Bernardo will still get plenty of game time.

Just watching the Valencia game you could tell Potter loves March already :)

My guess would be there will be a fair amount of rotation between Bernardo and March down the left depending on who we play. Bernardo will probably get more time away from home and against the top 6 and March in games at home and/or in the games we should be attacking more. Solly might even be seen as an option at RWB as cover for Montoya too in the same way

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
4-4-1-1 with Gross and Murray up top

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ryan
Duffy Dunk Burn
Bernardo Stephens Propper March
Andone Murray Trossard

Maupay is short of match practice so needs to be on the bench at first. Burn has impressed and replacing him with Webster straight away sends a bad message: that you can play as well as you like but that doesn't guarantee keeping your place.

I still think Montoya is a weak link and Bernardo can play at right back so here's a chance to bury the memories of his nightmare at Vicarage Road last season. Locadia has been okay in pre-season but I thought Andone gave us something extra when he came on against Valencia.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don’t think it is banter as far as BG is concerned he thinks Dunk is a championship centre back worth 2 bob. Lol

Not at all, I think that he is good and wouldnt want to lose him but not as good as many on here proclaim and certainly not beyond being dropped in favour of another player who is playing better as in Burn and Duffy pre season. Webster is a bit of a punt but knowing how much GP rates him and says that he can play on the right. so a back 3 of Webster Duffy and Burn seemed logical.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ryan
Duffy Dunk Webster
Jahanbakhsh Stephens Propper Bernardo
Trossard Murray Locadia​

Subs Button; Burn; Kayal, Gross, March; Maupay, Andone

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Ryan
Duffy Dunk Webster
Jahanbakhsh Stephens Propper Bernardo
Trossard Murray Locadia​

Subs Button; Burn; Kayal, Gross, March; Maupay, Andone

Really :eek:

twr93

Aug 2, 2019
London
Ryan
Duffy Dunk Burn
Montoya Stephens Propper March
Gross Trossard
Murray

Subs Button; Webster, Kayal, Ali J, Bernardo, Maupay, Andone

Surprised at so many against Montoya in the starting lineup (early contender for scapegoat?) as he has had a good preseason and only been let down in my view by those in front of him not tracking back and Duffys unwillingness to be dragged out wide. Partly for this reason I can see Gross coming in over Locadia, whilst he may not have the pace he is more of a hard worker and I feel may be preferred as we are away.

Would also imagine that Burn and Murray have done enough to warrant keeping their places for now, with Maupay waiting in the wings to take over from Murray in the next few weeks if Glenn doesn’t notch a few goals. You have to think Webster too will eventually come into the side so it wouldn’t be surprising if the battle for the 3rd CB position becomes between Duffy and Burn. I have no doubts that Duffy is a great defender and a strong asset to us with his arial threat but I do wonder if he will struggle more than others to adapt to playing 3 at the back, if indeed we stick with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here