Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] For Sale, one soiled football club.

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
Prior to the current car crash, didn't the Liverpool fans love John Henry and FSG?

I thought they were in a slightly different camp to the glaziers etc, i.e capitalist yanks but with decent investment and infrastructure.

I once spotted John Henry at box at the Boston Red Sox, I was in the crap seats looking in. He was living the dream with a hot wife (at least 30 years younger) sipping on a cold beer whilst people were running around looking after his kids.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Who is going to buy LFC? No American will. They might have quite a difficult job to get out of this one quickly and that could impact LFc's finances , certainly in the short term.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Well, they understand leveraging debt. Not sure if that's the same thing as making money or creating value :shrug:
Q
"Most of the capital used by Glazer to purchase Manchester United came in the form of loans, the majority of which were secured against the club's assets, incurring interest payments of over £60 million per annum."
I

Exactly this. Now they can crawl back into their scummy little leverage hole.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Bollocks! The club is fine. The manager is fine (Klopp spoke out against the ESL). The players are fine (see statements by Milner and Jordan Henderson, strongly against the ESL). The fans are fine. The owners are shit.

If Liverpool can get rid of the owners and dispatch them back to the financial gutters of the States where they belong (admittedly it will cost them a lot, because the American shysters will milk it all the way) their reputation will be enhanced rather than tarnished.

Right-o. All those Liverpool fans out on the streets on 25th June last year must have been protesting against FSG ownership. Good on them, I say.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Who is going to buy LFC? No American will. They might have quite a difficult job to get out of this one quickly and that could impact LFc's finances , certainly in the short term.

If these clubs actually have the fan numbers that they claim then they could all club together and buy it for about a quid each. That's be an interesting test of the true value.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
No they couldn't, any more than we could all club together to buy out TB for a quid apiece.

A quick search of how many supporters Man U claim to have throws up a BBC article from 2013 referring to a reported 659million adult fans around the world. I was making a reference to how ridiculous these figures are.

Last edited:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Oooh, I do hope they struggle for a buyer like Mike Ashley at Newcastle who been up-for-sale for 10 years now.
During which time they have mostly been sh1t.

It would be brilliant for the EPL if the "big-6" [or at least some of them] lost their footing [money-bags owners] over this ESL debacle and came back down to the other 14's level-ish
EPL could become like the Scottish prem - a 2-horse-race and all the other clubs look upon 3rd place as the real target.

Maybe ....

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Nothing in the Boston papers as of 05:20 GMT re FSG selling out....

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Possibly a bit of both but mostly, I should imagine, because their continued ownership is now completely untenable. They've made one of the most respected clubs in world football into a complete laughing stock. Shambles.

Football: you either 'get it' or you don't. And 'getting it' is nothing to do with simply understanding the Laws of the game.

I think that most people with any knowledge of football and how it works will realise that it isn't Liverpool FC who are a complete laughing stock, but merely the club's owners.

A club is all about it's supporters, (or should be), and for me Liverpool's fans, love them or hate them, are amongst the best in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here