Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For people who walk to work.......A great day!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Re: Re: For people who walk to work.......A great day!

London Calling said:
Can't agree about the cars.

As a cyclist and pedestrian, the number of drivers that go thru a red light, jump the lights, go over the zebra crossing is unreal.

The other day I was on a zebra cossing 3 to 4 ft in, when a van driver just drove past me, no attempt to stop. He had good time to stop!

And of course the drivers that think back streets are a rally course.:angry:

I agree about the cars I meant that cyclists tend to see cars but not always pedestrians. Granted you do take your life in your hands crossing at a pelican or zebra crossing if there's a car with 100 yards.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
tedebear said:
Zef tells me many a time of a person (can't remember exactly who it was) who jumped the level crossing in Shoreham (gates were closing) on his motorbike and went headfirst into a tree. I think quite a few people saw it happen, and he was dead within seconds apparently.

All because the rider could'nt wait a couple of minute's for a train. :nono:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
British Bulldog said:
All because the rider could'nt wait a couple of minute's for a train. :nono:

I know...

Oh well, Arthur and I always wait for the train, besides he loves seeing them, and loves pointing at them and shouting...so we happily wait and then go on our little merry way. Only 3 minutes or so later - not that much of a delay to be safe really is it...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
tedebear said:
I know...

Oh well, Arthur and I always wait for the train, besides he loves seeing them, and loves pointing at them and shouting...so we happily wait and then go on our little merry way. Only 3 minutes or so later - not that much of a delay to be safe really is it...

To be honest tede i've got absolutely no sympathy for anybody who tries to run level crossing gates and gets hurt, I'm just glad you've got the sense to wait for the train to pass because there's loads of parents who will drag they're kids across the level crossing when the barriers are going down and you can see the kids are terrified. I've even seen mums slap they're kids for refusing to cross. :nono:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For people who walk to work.......A great day!

bhaexpress said:
I agree about the cars I meant that cyclists tend to see cars but not always pedestrians. Granted you do take your life in your hands crossing at a pelican or zebra crossing if there's a car with 100 yards.

Sorry about the mix up.

I think one of the causes of this endemic, is that cyclist have not experienced coming of their bike.

Last year, I had a small accident, my shoelace got caught in my cog. Though I had the gear on, my hands were ripped, head bruised.

Add 10 miles ph to this and/or half a ton of car hitting you, just to gain a couple of minutes. The result is a mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here