Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For non-STH's. Where to sit.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Just mulling over where to sit for the occasional game I can get to. Looking at the prevailing weather it is clear that early in the season the West Stand is the place to be to avoid the sun in the eyes but in the dead of winter the wind and rain will be coming in over the corner of the East Stand so blowing into the faces of the hapless victims in the West Stand. It must be the East Stand then unless anyone knows anything different.

East stand could also be fan if you like to be close to the away fans. West is right next to the North if you want to hear our noise. Personally I think the West will always prove more popular, so you might find you are able to get a more central position in the East

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Even though I'm a WS 1901'er, I sat at the back of the East Stand for the SSC, and the view IMHO is probably the best in the house.

It is superb, amazing...

And you dont get the sun in your eyes, because the giant WS is in the way !

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
The Northern end of the West Lower will be where almost all of the general sale seats will be based, so there likely won't be too much choice. The seats in the Southern end of the East will be going to players/families/schools/community schemes - so will only be offered there if any are left over.

The Northern end of the West Lower will be where almost all of the general sale seats will be based, so there likely won't be too much choice. The seats in the Southern end of the East will be going to players/families/schools/community schemes - so will only be offered there if any are left over.

Actually this statement is a little missleading. If the club use their full 1000 for players/families/schools/community schemes there would be about 500 seats left in both areas. If they don't give away the maximum there will in fact be more availability in the northern end of the east!

If you have a look at the stadium plan the non STH blocks are E1G, E1H and W1L

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If they don't sell all the wheelchair spaces, do they ever get put on general sale to non disabled supporters?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
You guys are right. There may not be much choice after all. Think I'll try for the East Stand next time. Right in the corner of the WSL on Saturday but sure it will still be great

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Whereever I can get a seat. Taking my Dad, Grlfriend and Brother to the Blackpool game, if I can find 4 seats together.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Where are the wheelchair spaces? How many are there?

They are in the south west and south east corners and also along the front of part of the North Stand, the north ends of the West and East Stands. I think there's around 170 of them all together in the ground

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Nice thing is mune, despite all the scaremungering on here, you are living proof that as long as one is organised, not only can a non STH get to games, they actually have a choice where they can sit!

True, and another thing, I've not been slow to moan about the travel arrangements and vouchers either. But thinking back to the Goldstone days, nobody helped you get to the ground and nor did you expect it. You learned to help yourself or go without

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Nice thing is mune, despite all the scaremungering on here, you are living proof that as long as one is organised, not only can a non STH get to games, they actually have a choice where they can sit!

Has he proved it yet?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
. But thinking back to the Goldstone days, nobody helped you get to the ground and nor did you expect it. You learned to help yourself or go without

Great comment, that is exactly right, it's as if loads of people have decided not to make an effort anymore, and expect the club to do all the work for them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can almost touch the roof in the Gods of the west stand upper, won't be getting wet any time soon unless the roof leaks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here