Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For Bowyer and Dyer,Read "Hart" and "Knight".

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Who saw the "fight" between Bowyer and Dyer in the Newcastle game yesterday?

I have never seen anything like this on a football pitch before.

For the past few weeks people have been making a fuss about players swearing on the pitch and getting caught by TV cameras.Surley yesterdays incident is a far,far worse example to be setting children.

Got me thinking what my reaction would be if two of OUR players had a fight on the pitch.

Who do you think would win out of Hart and Knight:D

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Codner and Wilkins had a brief bout of fisticuffs at the Goldstone once..., it was quite funny as neither of them exactly fitted the "hard man" image - and neither did the fight.

:lolol:

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Ernest said:
Gary Williams and Eric Steele at Old Trafford in front of 50000plus ???

They only got booked as well. Maybe if they had both been outfield players then could have had 9 on the pitch that day.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
The club have said the matter will be dealt with internally.Whatever that means...........

He did look realy angry though at the press conference,but seemed to criticise Bowyer and defend Dyer.

From the footage ive seen they BOTH throw punches and should get severley punished by the FA/Premier Leauge.

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
desprateseagull said:
i caught the end of the newcastle press conference- did the club fine/suspend the players? need to set a good example, if they are cracking down on fans who misbehave...

Dont know about a fine but Souness seemed to suggest it was all Bowyer's fault so will be interesting to see what Newcastle do about internal fines etc. Loads of geordies on phone ins wanted both sacked!

Both miss the Cup Semi Final so looks like Manure have a bye to the final.

Dyer only threw a punch as he was about to be hit for the 4th time.

I defy anyone who would not have reacted as Dyer did.

Lc:wave:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have been wondering what was said that led to the scrap in the first place, whether this was something that had been festering over a period of time and the players finally snapped at totally the wrong moment. If you watch the footage immediately prior to the afforementioned incident it is possible to see a number of occasions where Bowyer was standing in space looking for the ball from Dyer, on each occasion he failed to pass to him. Methinks there is more to this than meets the eye.

It is of course totally wrong to speculate on the causes for the punch up without being party to the full facts.

I just have one hope though, the next time Bowyer tries it on with a Black man, his intended target has hands like coal shovels and pounds his lilly white face to a pulp.

NB: Gully does not normally advocate the use of violence to resolve arguments.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
For anyone that's interested the full Souness, Dyer and Bowyer post-match press conference is available to view on the BBC's site

If you look at Bowyer's face as he's dragged away, he's got the look of a man POSSESSED. f***ing THUG.

Apparently something went on in the dressing room before the game, so maybe thart had somethign to with it. Either way, the whole episode is well FUNNY.

As for the thread title, dunno about Hart and Knight. Cullip and Pethick at Swindon a couple of years ago is more like it.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
If you look at Dyer just before Bowyer throws the first punch, his body langauge is saying, Cmon im waiting.

Ernest said:
Gary Williams and Eric Steele at Old Trafford in front of 50000plus ???

Mark Lawrenson said last night he'd never seen anything like the Bowyer/Dyer incident in his life. He was an Albion player at the time of the above. Another case of him denying the Albion period of his playing career existed? ???

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
He was on the radio today talking about an incident at the Liverpool training ground just after he joined the club, another chance for him to mention that he had signed from Brighton.

I hereby wish to notify the World that I have discovered a new disease (please nominate me for the Nobel Prize for medicine), it is called "selective amnesia", Mark Lawrenson certainly seems to be living proof of the existence of the condition with regards his time at the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here