Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For anybody that hates Tim Westwood

E

enigma

I don't know how many of u like Hip Hop or Grimey Garage but thought this was worth a post.

Wiley and his crew Roll Deep were on Westwoods show on Friday and had a few arguments with him, basically tellin him he knew nthing about their music and gettin annoyed when he couldn remember the name of one of their tunes. They also ignored Westwood by repeatedly cursin on air.

And now Wiley has just called Westwood a "Wasteman" on Rinse FM (www.rinsefm.com). This makes him a legend in my eyes cos Westwood is such a nob and deserves all the hatred he gets. Im glad someone isnt afraid to say what they think rather than suckin up to him....

:censored: Westwood he is a complete piss-stain.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don't know that much about him but think that he is a white man, if that is true why does he talk like a black dude from the Bronx?

E

enigma

He is indeed a white man, aged about 45, the son of a Bishop from Somerset. A complete and utter fraud.:angry:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bit unfair, I've always had a lot of time for Westwood. Unfortunately people take him waaaaay to seriously, he does a lot of acting up to his image including lots of stuff for Sara Cox's show. As a dj I think he makes a nice entertaining show that's a laugh to listen to. One thing I do think is wrong is the lack of UK Hip Hop on his show, he seems to have lost touch with the UK scene and Fridays incident seems to be an example of that.

ps Wiley is the BOY.

E

enigma

Glad to hear you're a fan of Wiley, he's a bit of a legend in my eyes.

Westwood used to be good 96-00 but been slipping ever since..since he signed to def jam to release his compilations he just plays more and more US stuff. Its disappointing when you consider he started out on pirates, he's forgotten those people now.

Friday was an example of his ignoral of the UK scene.He invited Roll Deep on, then had to ask names of their tunes that he had announced before. Then he stirred things up by asking them if they had beef with anybody, then when they said they did he tried to talk it down, then he kept telling Wiley and Roll Deep how much he loved Lethal B, who they are involved in a feud with....

He also seeks to steal the shine of UK underground music like Wiley, Dizzee and other Grime artists so it seems like he cares, when in actual fact you will rarely hear him play these artists on his show.

E

enigma

It was a beautiful moment. Its just a shame it was on Rinse, as its a pirate and only a few hundred/thousand people will have heard it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
enigma said:
He is indeed a white man, aged about 45, the son of a Bishop from Somerset. A complete and utter fraud.:angry:

Pedant Alert

He's actually the son of the former bishop of Peterborough.

He's a tosser though: that fake black accent makes me cringe.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Whilst I'm no fan of this genre of music I can appreciate it. Westwood is as Engima says, a complete and utter fraud and he;s very tediious when he adpots that totally ridiculous American 'street' accent.

Westwood might be an ageing vicars son, but there's no denying he's been there from the beginning, so he's no fraud. He gets respect from rappers and producers in the states because he's not just jumping on the hip-hop bandwagon. OK he's got the dodgy accent and stupid cars, but he's paid his dues and his show is top entertainment.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I remember him from the hip hop scene in the late 80s and he didn't talk like that then. It was a strange mutation.
I find him reasonably objectionable, but then his old show got me into acts like the London Posse, so i have to thank him a bit too.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Gwylan said:
Pedant Alert

He's actually the son of the former bishop of Peterborough.

He's a tosser though: that fake black accent makes me cringe.

Even bigger pedant alert - He's ACTUALLY the son of the former bishop of Norwich.

So there.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
... Unfortunately people take him waaaaay to seriously...

including himself. which is one reason why he is such a knob. The man acts like a parody of some east coast rap dj/producer, and im surprised no ones tried to shoot him... oh wait, they have. Im suprised no one has *successfully* shot him.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
And while I'm the first to admit I haven't listened to Westwood's show for a few years, I don't think it hurts having him in the scene. If it wasn't him, it'd be somebody just as bad. True the accent is a little wrong, but f*** it, he has done a lot for the UK hip-hop scene, even if it was in the past.

Dissing Westwood's not exactly a new thing anyway - Check "Westwood is a Twat" by Mindbomb, came out on Ruf Records in about 1992.

E

enigma

Yeah but thats the thing in the past his show was good, and he did play UK stuff, but now he just plays commercial US stuff.Even on his compilations, he'd rather put Dancehall and RnB songs on there rather than UK stuff. I used to defend him but not for the last fe years...

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I wouldn't worry about him. There's plenty of better deejays out there anyway.

Just check The Dugout on Juice FM, or Disorda's show on Itch FM if you're in London

If you search below the surface, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

E

enigma

D'Angelo Saxon said:
I wouldn't worry about him. There's plenty of better deejays out there anyway.

Just check The Dugout on Juice FM, or Disorda's show on Itch FM if you're in London

If you search below the surface, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Nice one, do you know what frequencys they're on and where they're based roughly? I'm just off Edgware Rd so pretty central really. I need to get a better radio so I can pick up some of the East London stations, I have to make do with listening to Rinse off the web, but there's not much hip-hop on there

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here