Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For all you moaners which one of these two would you want as manager?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think he made a mistake in his team tactics for the match yes. And I said it when I saw the team. But some people take that to mean he is a bad manager. I don't.

He has admitted he got the team selection and tactics wrong. He is not trying to blame everyone else in sight. H will learn from it. he is a good manager.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't think just saying "look where we are" makes criticism of some things Gus has done invalid. There seems to be a "shutup we have come a long way, what do you expect?" attitude from some on here. Questioning some things that Gus has done is not the same as saying he's not good enough is it?

I don't subscribe to the 'we should be happy how far we've come' brigade, but I definitely err on the side of optimism and positivity because I believe we are on course to beat the 5 year plan that has been banded around. It isn't if but when we get promoted and if it isn't this season so be it, I won't bust my brain worrying about it.

However I do not subscribe to the 'we are shit, manager out' brigade either. At the very least this is moronic. If the moaners want to moan, feel free to do so, just be constructive and stop spouting bullshit, not too much to ask is it?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But we have drawn 12, nearly half of our games to date. My point still stands. We go in front and get pegged back far too often from a winning position. We are unable to go from a goal behind to win games. We just do not have the attacking nous of a side that can get into the top 6 and stay there. Maybe Ulloa is the key. Time will tell. But yes, I agree 7th is a decent position to be in.

Hmmm interesting point on the 12 games we've drawn that may need a little redressing.

Of the 12 draws;
Three were goaless, therefore we have not let a lead slip.
Four of those games we came back from behind to gain points.
Five of those we let the lead slip.

So not even half of those drawn games have we failed to hold a lead. I think that brings a little more perspective to our percieved failure to hold on to a lead.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Whilst I am sure he will get it right in the end, I am surprised, him being one of the top attacking midfielders of his generation, that we are such a defensive outfit.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here