Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For all you McGhee inners

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
BarrelofFun said:
No - however we have spent more money on improving Withdean and suffer further losses. We didn't expect to still be playing at Withdean, did we!?

Fair point. BUT most contracts are two or three years anyway so very few players would have been playing at Falmer even if we started building it 6 months ago...

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
byf said:

we want falmer..blah blah blah...

Brain of Britain strikes again

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
byf said:
Not mcghee's fault we pay monkey wages and cant bid high enough for a player and hense miss out him!

That isn't really true, is it?

We bid 150k for a player just last month, and it was stated we could afford Dichio's wages, which must be fairly considerable ... the simple truth is that players just don't want to come and play for McGhee; his bad reputation precedes him.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Uncle Buck said:
But we are offering comparitive terms with other clubs, just players do not want to come here, for some reason.
your not trying to say thats mcghee's thought are you? :lolol: how many times has he got 2 go over the reasons and tell you it's not his fault :angry: :angry:

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Re: Re: For all you McGhee inners

Perry Milkins said:
The avilability of an experienced mangaer and McGhee waiving any rights to compoensation.

I think this is the key argument. When we have had managers walk out / get the push previously there has always been a credible candidate available that we could sell the club to. At present, there isn't anyone who immediately springs to mind ( That would want to come here obviously).

I think McGhee is running on borrowed time (despite what you say BYF and we're all entitled to our opinion ~ hard enough for you, or not) he argues with players, some of which he's signed. He is not tactically aware and I think the games with Crewe over the past few seasons have proven that Dario Gradi has him in his pocket. He makes strange substitutions and takes ages to react to situations on the pitch that even us non experienced fans can spot. He seems to target players that would never want to play for this club (household names etc.) He has Mandy naylor eating out of his pocket and uses him and his publication to publicly slag players off when maybe it would have been better to handle this in house

Apart from that, he's a nice bloke

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Repugnant Toad said:
That isn't really true, is it?

We bid 150k for a player just last month, and it was stated we could afford Dichio's wages, which must be fairly considerable ... the simple truth is that players just don't want to come and play for McGhee; his bad reputation precedes him.

So name other players of Dichio's standing that other managers of ours have got in recently????????

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
parks said:
So name other players of Dichio's standing that other managers of ours have got in recently????????
Eh? The point Toad was making that the money is there??

Uncle Buck said:
But we are offering comparitive terms with other clubs, just players do not want to come here, for some reason.

To convince players to move, you don't need comparitive terms, you need significantly better terms.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
lander14 said:
What will it take for you to be anti McGhee?

How about the day tedious and pointless threads like this cease.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle Buck said:
Offering a longer contract than their current one is significantly better.

Not if you're Leon Knight or Colin Kazim Richards, you just throw a tantrum when you can't get your own way and demand a transfer.

Re: Re: Re: For all you McGhee inners

Rusco said:
He is not tactically aware and I think the games with Crewe over the past few seasons have proven that Dario Gradi has him in his pocket. He makes strange substitutions and takes ages to react to situations on the pitch that even us non experienced fans can spot. He seems to target players that would never want to play for this club (household names etc.) He has Mandy naylor eating out of his pocket and uses him and his publication to publicly slag players off when maybe it would have been better to handle this in house

Really feeble stuff. Gradi's team has done so much better than us over the past 3 years, yeah? Strange substitutions - or tendentious codswallop from NSC scapegoaters? Targets household names, yeah like Kandol and Ibhere. Andy Naylor, yes a journalist really would sacrifice the credibility of his 10-year plus career at the Argus to help out one Albion manager, does McGhee hypnotise him or something?

The amount of lazy thinking that passes for commonsense among the Magoo Outers is quite extraordinary.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Re: Re: Re: For all you McGhee inners

Rusco said:
I think this is the key argument. When we have had managers walk out / get the push previously there has always been a credible candidate available that we could sell the club to. At present, there isn't anyone who immediately springs to mind ( That would want to come here obviously).

I think McGhee is running on borrowed time (despite what you say BYF and we're all entitled to our opinion ~ hard enough for you, or not) he argues with players, some of which he's signed. He is not tactically aware and I think the games with Crewe over the past few seasons have proven that Dario Gradi has him in his pocket. He makes strange substitutions and takes ages to react to situations on the pitch that even us non experienced fans can spot. He seems to target players that would never want to play for this club (household names etc.) He has Mandy naylor eating out of his pocket and uses him and his publication to publicly slag players off when maybe it would have been better to handle this in house

Apart from that, he's a nice bloke

I Agree with you on most things but i think he is in an almost impossible situation as far as the slagging off players concerned. Most managers fall out with players and McGee is no exception. After these fall-outs however the anti-Mcgee brigade jump on the band wagon and cry that we have lost another valuable player, but no player is valuable if he wants out of the club or cannot be arsed to give his all (a la OGH and Revell to a degree)
A casein point is the Stuart Pearse/Andy Cole scenario......Pearse has stated in Public that Cole threatened to retire if he could not leave for Portsmouth, Cole's management has denied this....................now who do you believe? if you wanted Pearce out you could say he was hopeless at man-management and should not berate his players in public......on the flip-side you could say well done Pearcy the Useless/disruptive twat wants to leave let him go -good riddance!!
Very often McGee is caught in a similer scenario, only because of our perilous finances and fragile League position the problem is magnifide a great deal ( to us)

No one out there at the moment could do a better job but judging by the feeling of the crowd at Ashton gate on saturday, things will have to improve at Millwall otherwise the pressure will be too great at the Bournemouth game and the crowd reaction will either pesuade Dick Knight to sack McGee or he would have had enough to walk. My fear is he will walk and Knight will too. Then we will be left in a far worse position than now. Hope i am wrong but i have a feeling both men have Had enough and are banging their heads against brick walls (hence McGee strange tactical ploys now and then) For what it worth i still think he should be given till Christmas but realise the power of the Fans opinion and fear the end of McGee and Knight is near! So i realy hope for the club we win on Saturday!!

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What about the apparant lack of fitness of our players last season and persistently playing an injured and out of sorts chippy?

Although this season he is fully fit.

Uncle Buck said:
Offering a longer contract than their current one is significantly better.
Not if their agent thinks they could easily pick up the same deal somewhere else. It's incredible that even after Dick Knight's comment at the Fans Forum that we have less financial flexibility than we had during the days of Micky Adams, ie. League 2 days, you still persist in this delusion that money isn't the overriding problem at the Albion in attracting players. Every year we publish horrendous annual losses and you still think money isn't a problem at the Albion :nono:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
London Irish said:
To convince players to move, you don't need comparitive terms, you need significantly better terms.

Not all the time. Many players move and they're new club take over they're existing contract for the rest of the season with a view to a further improved contract. Sometimes it's not all about money but players wanting first team football.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Not if their agent thinks they could easily pick up the same deal somewhere else. It's incredible that even after Dick Knight's comment at the Fans Forum that we have less financial flexibility than we had during the days of Micky Adams, ie. League 2 days, you still persist in this delusion that money isn't the overriding problem at the Albion in attracting players. Every year we publish horrendous annual losses and you still think money isn't a problem at the Albion :nono:

We all know that like the majority of teams outside of the top flight we run at a loss. Our debts include a large amount of money owed to directors which will be converted to shares once the ground is up and running.

We are obviously able to compete in the wage market, otherwise we would not be chasing players.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
London Irish said:
It's incredible that even after Dick Knight's comment at the Fans Forum that we have less financial flexibility than we had during the days of Micky Adams, ie. League 2 days, you still persist in this delusion that money isn't the overriding problem at the Albion in attracting players.

And you have a delusional view that everything that comes out of the horses mouth is gospel.

If this is genuinely the case, why are we agreeing £100,000 fees for 4th level reserve strikers?

Of course money is an issue, but we are not wheeling and dealing effectively in the free transfer market during the summer. We passed up that opportunity again by leaving the existing players until the summer, and having the manager saga. It's a collective responsibility, and yes, sadly that includes the Lord Knight.

Seagull73 said:
And you have a delusional view that everything that comes out of the horses mouth is gospel.
Think about it - why would Dick Knight boast that he is giving his managers less money than he used to - it's not exactly in his interest, is it? :shootself It was just an honest statement as he had nothing to gain by making it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here