Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Footballers wearing gloves

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wear gloves when its genuinely cold, and I am neither soft or gay.

If you think everyone who wears them is just being a wimp, google 'Reynaulds Syndrome'. If it was cold, and I played without gloves, I would have no problem during the game, but afterwards I would be in more pain than you can believe. It would take my hands 6 or 7 hours to reach the point of being able to hold a pen, or tie laces, and they would still ache for a full 24 hours afterwards.

People on the opposition have been known to comment, but I'm a centre-half of a reasonable size, and they tend to quiten down after a couple of tackles.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
hans kraay fan club said:
I wear gloves when its genuinely cold, and I am neither soft or gay.

If you think everyone who wears them is just being a wimp, google 'Reynaulds Syndrome'. If it was cold, and I played without gloves, I would have no problem during the game, but afterwards I would be in more pain than you can believe. It would take my hands 6 or 7 hours to reach the point of being able to hold a pen, or tie laces, and they would still ache for a full 24 hours afterwards.

People on the opposition have been known to comment, but I'm a centre-half of a reasonable size, and they tend to quiten down after a couple of tackles.
My old man suffers from that. Get on the Gingo Bilbao. That sorted him out, and he's out in all weathers being a milkman.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Lil' Coach started wearing a beanie hat when he had op's on his ears, and still wanted to play footie whilst recovering - now it's become a bit of a trademark, and I'm dreading him wearing one in the summer tournaments!

Boy! Get that hat off! :lolol:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
:bounce:

Pascal Chimbonda, still feeling a little chilly today...

chimbq3.jpg

:lol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
SussexSpur said:
:bounce:

Pascal Chimbonda, still feeling a little chilly today...

chimbq3.jpg

:lol:

I think you will find they are so he doesn't leave finger prints after raping Wigan players.

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
My son always wears gloves, even in a match today.....but then he is the keeper...and they cost me £60 a pair!!!!!!!

:clap:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Temperature in Wigan today: 18 degrees centigrade/64 fahrenheit.

The question is, how warm will it have to be before Chimbonda ventures out without dressing like Ernest Shackleton?
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here