Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football shirts on holiday

Should you wear your teams shirt on holiday?

• Yay

Votes: 56 44.1%
  • Nay

Votes: 71 55.9%

• Total voters

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I'd say thanks to me Brighton are now a recognised club by many people across Europe. Granted because I work doing sports related things it's easier but still.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Usually take an old one along and wear it in the nearest bar when the results are coming through on a Saturday, and if it's one of those bars that have shirts on the walls/ceiling I'll quite often leave it. Many a time this brings profound thanks from the owner/manager saying something along the lines of thank god its not another ManU/Arse/Chelsea/Liverpool shirt.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Never wear my Saints shirt except at games, but do occasionally pop it on round the pool when on hol, just to strike conversations with other fans.

That said, this years shirt ive worn a lot more out and about simply coz it doesnt look as much like a footy shirt (sash/no sponsor etc)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think there is a loose-rule that I follow. Football shirts on holiday are fine, but you don't want to be that person who is wearing a football shirt every day. So, yes, take a football shirt or two. Just don't wear them all the time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, yes. Absoultely. You should always wear your replica kit on holiday. Anything else would just look out of place, as you gobble your full english in 'Lineker's bar' or the Red Lion.

That's a NO from me, thanks.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
I say yay..... always wear mine with pride

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
only if there is a game related to that shirt on

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well l dont see why not. l mean, if anyone thinks you are a chav for wearing it, what does it matter?, you won't ever see them again anyway.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yeah I'm gonna wear a United shirt on holiday in Malaga this year, only for evening meals mind I wanna try and look smart and the 2007 away shirt is pretty smart. The rest of the time I'll be going topless with tattoo covered belly hanging out so I can pink myself up.

:jester:

The Offspring

Resident Guitar Shredder
Jul 8, 2004
Hants/Wilts Border
Wore my then new 1999/2000 shirt on my honeymoon in Florida in November 1999, got some strange looks, a few asked me which team it was, most responses were "Who" or "Huh".

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I mostly go to warm / hot climates for my holidays so wearing a polyesta / nylon mix is not very cool in every respect.

I don't understand why folk [chavs] wear them at the gym either .... has to be cotton shirley

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As Strings said, as long as you don't LIVE in the thing then I don't see the problem. I wouldn't wear it out to restaurants in the evening, but out and about during the day no probs.

Cyprus 2004 I wore my stripes in a bar that turned out to be full of Gasheads (this being the year we'd just done Bristol C in the Playoff final). I didn't have to buy a drink all night.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
No no and thrice no. Each to their own but for me its a cardinal sin. It almost invites chavs and weirdos and freaks to come and talk to you.

I have my book - please leave me the f*** alone and do not come and talk to me about anything. Not in restaurants, not in bars, not on beaches - not anywhere.

I go on holiday to escape the retards, the colleagues and family members that think they have a god-given right of access to me and my life 24 hours a f***ing day.

So when I am lying down on a beach somewhere, or strolling through an old medieval city I do not want Barry from Wakefield coming up and introducing himself.

Mind you - I dont think Barry from Wakefield would be on the same holiday as me. And yes. I realise that makes me **** for saying that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here