Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Pundits you love

bigkev2007

Banned
Jan 30, 2008
chris kamara on soccer saturday is awesome! worst commentator is alan smith ex arsenal so f***ing boring and got such a moany voice! also it was ggod to see motd cut off that women commentating on any more games she was dire!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Big Ron Atkinson was the best.

He always called a spade a spade.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
What does Lovejoy 'pundit' on?

Well he does 606 sometimes, which is often pretty much punditry as it involves the host to discuss the major issues and offer opinions. On that not I think Steve Claridge sounds really good when he does the 606 - they should get him instead of that twonk Spoony. Is that his real name?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Stuart Hall. :bowdown:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't know if there's anybody on NSC who hasn't watched Jeff Stelling on Gillette Soccer Saturday yet, but if there is then shell out some money and get Sky Sports.

I think that just over a third of British households have got Sky so there are large numbers of people on NSC who haven't - I for one.

Like many of you I like Adrian Chiles who is a clear fan with a great sense of humour. I also like Alan Green, who tells it like it is. Hansen was good but I think he's become a bit of a caricature of himself but among the newer pundits I like Peacock, Dixon and Desailly. Strachan was excellent but he's scarcely seen since he moved to Celtic.

I like Martin O'Neill too but he only seems to be used during big championships: he acts certifiable but comes out with great lines.

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
I like Martin O'Neill too but he only seems to be used during big championships: he acts certifiable but comes out with great lines.

LOVED it in the World Cup where is absolutely SLATED Ibrahimovic saying he was 'overrated' and 'would never get in any of my teams'... and he went on to have an absolute shocker and a terrible tournament - single handedly putting Sverige out of the competition..

Come to think of it, if we're talking pundit 'teams' surely there is no better than Leonardo, O'Neill and Desailly from that competition?

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
Also, what that fella said about Sky - I think Sky is a total rip-off but we have a freeview box and watch 'Sky Sports News' to see Jeff on Soccer Saturday - beats bloody Garth 'and the boys' - who are totally pointless.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
carlton palmer - "having a holocaust of a game"

i used to like rodney marsh as well for his ludicrous comments on soccer saturday - the back 4 are playing like the 3 stooges being one example

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here