Football pundits you dislike.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can see why people would find David Pleat annoying, but I think he can be quite funny, albeit unintentionally.

His ability to pronounce names wrongly is legendary: not only that but he quite regularly pronounces the same player's name in four different ways over the course of a game. Even uncomplicated ones like that bloke who used to play for Arsenal.

Now what was his name...Henry? Honry? Enry? Onry? Arnry?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Talking of Pleat and Arsenal...

"The sight is in end for Arsenal now"..

CL Final, 2006.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
John Byrne is a legend and I find it OFFENSIVE to have him mentioned on this tawdry thread. I have NEVER disagreed with a single statement from this legendary irish (ish) man.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
John Byrne is a legend and I find it OFFENSIVE to have him mentioned on this tawdry thread. I have NEVER disagreed with a single statement from this legendary irish (ish) man.

Hahahaha, I would NEVER dare to offend the great JB! My comment was part of an in-joke between us! But you've NEVER disagreed with him? Crikey! He will be pleased! :yahoo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hahahaha, I would NEVER dare to offend the great JB! My comment was part of an in-joke between us! But you've NEVER disagreed with him? Crikey! He will be pleased! :yahoo:

He was kind enough to buy me a pint after that England v Croatia DEBACLE, and I enjoyed his company for some general football chat in the wake of that disastrous result - it helped soften the blow of Englands miserable failure that night considerably. John Byrne always was, and remains, my all time favourite Albion player. The fact that he also happens to be a hell of a nice fella is a lovely bonus.

Last edited:

Jul 20, 2003
All pundits piss me off, it's their job

Commentators, however, should be required to describe the action. There are certain R5 commentators that don't appreciate this.

EVERYTHING about Alan Green pisses me off right royally and '606' has been SHIT since Danny Baker got bumped off of it

dunno about what happens on TV 'cause I don't watch it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ufnpap05pa.jpg

"So Sven, given that the paradoxical juxtaposition of your natural aversion to the employment of english players into the manchester city football club squad of players could conceivably put you at odds with the image of a former England manager who, whilst never actively acknowledging the perceived inherent paucity of talent within the english game, nevertheless is forced into investigating the foreign market in order to bolster your team at club level within the english game, could it not be seen that in actual fact, Jack and Vera were indeed an integral part of an ongoing popular fictional drama set in the north west, and the untimely demise of such a crucial character to this ongoing institution could ultimately only do harm to underemine the national psyche on a subconcious level ?"

Last edited:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Why does Garth Crooks feel he has to use a thousand words when just one will do.

The worse words that surely can be uttered on SCR must be "and the co-commentator is Norman Gall".

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Dave Bassett - Listening to him commentate makes me wonder how the f*ck he ever managed a football club

Mark Lawrenson - Stupid puns and jokes that ONLY he finds funny smug twat

Paul Merson - Dribbling buffoon

Richard Keys - Hairy handed muppet with his tongue up Grays arse

Andy Gray - What makes him an authority on all things football

.................actually I hate them all!!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
ufnpap05pa.jpg

"So Sven, given that the paradoxical juxtaposition of your natural aversion to the employment of english players into the manchester city football club squad of players could conceivably put you at odds with the image of a former England manager who, whilst never actively acknowledging the perceived inherent paucity of talent within the english game, nevertheless is forced into investigating the foreign market in order to bolster your team at club level within the english game, could it not be seen that in actual fact, Jack and Vera were indeed an integral part of an ongoing popular fictional drama set in the north west, and the untimely demise of such a crucial character to this ongoing institution could ultimately only do harm to underemine the national psyche on a subconcious level ?"

Are you absolutely positive that quote is correct ?

I'm sure if you run the 'VT' again, you'll find there was at least one full stop in there somewhere ?........... ooops, maybe not :blush:

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here