Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football pundits you dislike.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I'll go for Mike Parry (UNlovable buffoon), David Pleat (idiot), Carlton Palmer (appalling) and Terry Christian (what a dick this man is....petty, pathetic wind-up attempts of Leeds, City and 'Pool fans EVERY chance he gets, no grace - as per usual for United fans - and his phone-in skills are not exactly Theatre of Dreams, more like flea-pit of nightmares!)

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Name one and I'm sure I'll dislike him. Absolute opinianated wankers who, apart from being decent footballers, have no other qualifications to spout their shite on TV. Lawrenson proved just how well clued up he is on tactical football matters during his glittering managerial career.

The biggest knobber of all time though has to be Andy Gray who is always right and everyone else is wrong. What purpose does that last word show serve apart from create more grief for referees up and down the country every week. He stands there and proves why a ref was wrong thanks to 30 different camera angles. And from someone who never had the bollocks to take a job where he could actually PROVE he knows something.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The smug Hansen-Lawrenson-Shearer triumvirate on Match of the Day.

Conclusive proof that the BBC is more interested in what you did during your career than in your journalistic skills or ability to analyse matches. It's like listening to the old boys down the golf club after 18 holes, particularly when you chuck their old mate Lineker into the bargain.

Better pundits are ignored, or shunted on to FiveLive, or MOTD2- for example Adrian Chiles or Gavin Peacock. I heard Stan Collymore talking before the Five Live coverage of the Arsenal game this week- I was surprised by how intelligent and knowledgeable he was, particularly when fans of lower league clubs rang in. A guy rang up and started wittering on about Barnet, and straight away Collymore knew the names of two players they'd just sold, as well as what their current form was like.

More than you could say for Shearer, I'd wager, who always seemed to view League 1 and 2 players as targets for him to moan at whenever he was forced to lower himself to playing against their clubs.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Did anyone hear Iain Dowie as the co-commentator on one of the FA Cup games on the BBC the other week. He barely said a word, and when he did he either mumbled so quietly you couldn't make it out or said something so banal he made the likes of Collymore seem knowledgable and enlightening. Terrible.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Andy Gray - totally out of touch with the modern game

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
If David Pleat is on, the sound on my tv goes off

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Mark Lawrenson...what an absolute wanksplat.

If you want to call someone a (unt on another forum, you call them a Lawro

That jumped up sweatie Hanson ain't far behind either

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Garth Crooks.
Dear god, how this man has carved a media career for himself is something that keeps me awake and sweating into the early hours.
A tip Garth, if you're reading this. If the QUESTION is four times longer than the f***ing ANSWER, then its either not worth asking in the first place, or you're just being a (unt again, or BOTH.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On this note then: why do so many pundits ask such stupid questions? (Crooks: I mean YOU)

The main one that gets my goat is

"How disappointed are you with that outcome?" or variations thereof, like "How pleased are you...etc"

What an utterly imbecilic question. It tells you precisely nothing. How excited are you to win the Champions League with the very last kick of the game, after missing the entire season with a broken leg? How gutted are you to be relegated with only seconds left of the season, after you personally conceded the deciding penalty against a player who left under a cloud earlier in the season, and causing you to be wrongly sent off?

Well what do you think, Garth? It's pretty bloody obvious that someone is going to be disappointed/ecstatic after most games, therefore I can't see why some cretinous roving idiot with a mike needs to discern to precisely what millionth of a degree they feel that way.

:rant:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I can't believe that no one has mentioned Ian Wright, at least the others can string a coherent sentence together

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe that no one has mentioned Ian Wright, at least the others can string a coherent sentence together

A cock, but it's always funny watching him try unsuccessfully to contain his rage every time he hears a perceived slight on Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Rigoglioso

Nov 7, 2006
Donny
Jim Beglin. Once irratated me big style when doing the commentary for a Newcastle game when they were in the Champions League. Think they were playing someone like Inter or Juve, but he really got on my nerves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here