Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
when is this seasons one out? the latest version of the game i own (04/05) has effectively just blown up

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
how ironic:jester:

football manager and guitar hero within a month of each other:clap:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Withdean Wanderer said:
Was it:eek:

Thought it was 20th.

Bollocks, i could have wasted a WHOLE day on it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is appropriate only for those countries where the game was to be released this Friday, the 20th October.

"SEGA and Sports Interactive would like to announce that the official street date for Football Manager 2007 on PC / Mac has been brought forward to Wednesday, October 18th. As a result of certain retail outlets ignoring the official release date of October 20th, SEGA and Sports Interactive have acted to ensure that Football Manager 2007 is available to all of our loyal fans. We are in the process of communicating this new date to all of our retail partners."

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Out today and in the games forum is a download with all the brighton player pics.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
how much is it?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
depends where you get it. probably £30 in most high street places

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've ben really dissapointed with the last couple, they overcomplicate things now, the heyday of football management games for the PC was CM3 in my opinion.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
crodonilson said:
I've ben really dissapointed with the last couple, they overcomplicate things now, the heyday of football management games for the PC was CM3 in my opinion.

I can understand that - the team talk feature really is shit, as it practically decides your result, regardless of who's playing for/against you.

And, you can tell if you're going to lose after one minute of the second half pretty much:nono:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
I can understand that - the team talk feature really is shit, as it practically decides your result, regardless of who's playing for/against you.

And, you can tell if you're going to lose after one minute of the second half pretty much:nono:

moan moan moan

now im in too minds as to whether to get that one or championship manager - thanks potter, you have made me indecisive

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Scotty Mac said:
moan moan moan

now im in too minds as to whether to get that one or championship manager - thanks potter, you have made me indecisive

CM is a heap of steaming shite compared to FM in my personal and humble opinion.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Scotty Mac said:
moan moan moan

Oh, get FM....but it's not quite as good as CM99/00, which really was the king.
Although if it wasn't for the team talk feature (which i think can be turned off, i just havent risked it), it's bloody awesome:thumbsup:

CM now is pony though, have played the demo, not impressed.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
cm 01/02 was the best

football manager it is then:)

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
So whats wrong with the team talk thing? Sounded pretty good from reading the back of the box...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
D'Angelo Saxon said:
So whats wrong with the team talk thing? Sounded pretty good from reading the back of the box...

In my opinion:

It's guesswork.

You get a choice of about 7 options of things to say before the game, or at half time.

Some make you play electric football, and the commentary tells you 'someone must have said something at half time'. You can come back from 3 down this way.

However, you can also play shit because of them. 'Brighton are lucky to only be 1 down'.

Yet there's seemingly no way of telling what does what - it suggests that the managers team talk is the main factor in the result of the game, which annoys me, as in all previous versions it had been about your tactics and players.

Maybe it's not that bad if there's a way of working out what motivates who - but few seem to make much difference i find.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here