Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager Stole My Life...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I also had a game called 'ultimate soccer manager' not 100% of the year poss 95/96. it was great you could choose to spend your money on players or build bigger stands, club training ground ect, anyone else remember it?

Was that the one where you could build different buildings around your ground? Burger places, bookies and stuff like that? That game was fantastic.

Something I'd like to see in FM is more say on the business side. Ticket prices, fan days, kit sponsors etc.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Was that the one where you could build different buildings around your ground? Burger places, bookies and stuff like that? That game was fantastic.

Something I'd like to see in FM is more say on the business side. Ticket prices, fan days, kit sponsors etc.

Without getting too picky.....That side of the game has nothing to do with football management.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
There was Alessio Cerci one year, great if you got him on a free as a 17 year old.

Oh, and the classic Freddy Adu.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Feel current one runs too slow on my comp but still get obsessed for few days then drop it for a month.

Was addicted at uni around 01/02/03

The old game where built the different parts of ground was immense for that aspect, can't beleive other games haven't 'nicked' this part

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Just rediscovered CM4 and have devoted too much time to it. Annoyingly the game now freezes every time Wimbledon make an offer for Michael Dawson.

Dec 29, 2011
Anyone starting a new FM2012 season you should buy Dedryck Boyata. I got him for about 1.5M, develops really quickly and turns into the worlds best centre back. He was my second top scorer last season with 19 goals, lol.

Mike's Small

Apr 11, 2012
Uckfield
I haven't played it since the 90s but "No chance Cheesewright." is still a catchphrase of mine.
For me, i never had a computer in those days, so i relied on my housemate to leave either for work or college in order for me to romp upstairs and begin again. 20 or 30 fags smoked. 10 cups of coffee. 2 Mars Bars. My girlfriend moved in at some point of this for a while. She would arise for work at about 5am. If she was gone and the housemate had stayed at his ladyfriend's then i was on it by 5.30 until the girlfriend came home from work. Even then i'd be playing, telling her i was upstairs writing an essay on and off. Come 9pm my efforts to convince her she seemed ever so tired and ought to sleep properly would succeed. Her eyes would close and i'd be back upstairs until about 3am inspecting on the progress of Tonton Zola Mokouko.

Him! I haven't heard that name for years, but he was the bollocks if you could get him!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Haha, yea counter strike dominated mine from about 13-17, still play it now but not so much.

I stopped playing when I went to Uni, but have recently picked up CS: GO for a laugh, I'm carp at it now though, no reflexes anymore haha.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I gave up on FM after about 2006, I just found they added far too many features and took some of the enjoyment away.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
The cheek of my missus. I'm sat here with my hands over my face as Millwall pulled one back to make it 2-1 and are piling on the pressure. She pipes up with the classic "I can't believe you're getting het up over fictitious scores."

The cheek of it!!!!

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Bought this book for my holiday reading. It's quite good so far. They interview some of the legends of the games gone by. Not ashamed to say I have the latest version installed. Bloom sacked me in my second season as brighton manager in January when 1 point outside the playoff places. Should have set the seasonal expectations a little lower, but was blinded by the additional transfer funds that comes with being 'title challengers'.

The new one should be out next month.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Think I'll wait for the Jan transfers before getting the new version, mainly because I've barely scratched this one. Played a season when it first came out, then uhmmed and ahhed about starting again when the January transfers, got distracted by FM Handheld for a bit, and have just finished a first season for the second time. May as well stuck with it to get my money's worth.

Now the game takes so much longer to play, yearly releases seem a bit like overkill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here