Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

football manager help needed.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
just bought f.m 07. iv started my career in brighton. but i dont understand it. how can i view foreign transfer listed players as it only lets me view english ones. also is there a way i can quik sim pre season friendlys ect. finally can you upgrade stadiums ect. i also wondered if theyre are any tips i could have to help me. especially how too win as lost every game.
cheers for all your help

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Oh dear a NEWBIE in our midst.

First of all, dont lose heart, Sir Alex Ferguson was awful at the start of Manchester United career. :)

Second of all, Training, when you start every new game, or join every new team, all the players are on general training, and not specific to their needs ie: defenders doing attacking training. So sort that out, you can do it on the training page by setting up new schedules and using the slider bars to change the training styles. Make sure you sort your coaches out as well, so that your defensive coach isn't coaching your goalkeepers. :)

As for the transfer window, and transfer list, when you load up the search, it will come up with every player, even ones you cannot afford. Go to the customise button, top right and customise it even asking your assistant to withdraw "unrealistic" targets from your search (as Brighton manager, the amount of players and class of players, is unsurprisingly low).

Thirdly, Tactics....go to the tactics board and team instructions and sort them out, have your team playing a defensive tactics, or attacking, but not too attacking until the final 10 mins otherwise your players will fatigue easily.

As for good young players, look in the U21's and U18's of foreign countries, and you can snap up some real gems that in 2-3 years will be worth millions and be your best players. I will give you a few names to look at, Nicolas Millan; Christian Abarca; Lauri Dalla Valle; Eddie "Horsedick" Johnson; Vincent Enyeama...

As for the stadium inprovements, you have to go the board room and request it. If they turn you down, you can give them an ultimatum, but like in any job in real life, they may decide to get rid of you instead or they could crumble to your requests.

As you have just started, I would recommend playing as Man Utd or a bigger club to get the hang of the game, and without losing every game and then when you've worked out how to play the game and how to function all the parts, then move onto a harder challenge like Brighton. Also check out the website, www.sortitoutsi.org.uk

You have not been charged for this information, but let me know how you get on.:thumbsup:

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Also if you want your assistant to do the friendlies, go to the options choice in the manager drop down menu :thumbsup:

and if you load up the nationwide conference pack when you start the game, you choose those leagues to be activated, you can buy me...I'm David Stappleton.:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here