Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager games.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
2000-01, it's the shit!

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
[MENTION=87]Brightonfan1983[/MENTION] - I've been playing FMH on my iPad and think it's great even if some of the options are a bit more hidden than they should be. I've not tried it on a phone, but I've heard a few grumbles about it being fiddly. Depends on how fat your fingers are as to whether the risk is worth it, I guess!

Bear in mind though, the iOS version goes on sale from time to time (dunno about Android), and I certainly wouldn't pay £7 for FMH 2012 just now as the new version is probably only a few weeks away.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
[MENTION=87]Brightonfan1983[/MENTION]Bear in mind though, the iOS version goes on sale from time to time (dunno about Android), and I certainly wouldn't pay £7 for FMH 2012 just now as the new version is probably only a few weeks away.

Bugger, just have...

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I think it was you I discussed this with the other week. I could not get the bastard to work, I don't get the whole "mounting" thing, I've downloaded the right software, and got the component parts but.......to me it's like looking at an Ikea wardrobe with the instructions missing, or in gibberish.

I had that problem after downloading it. I'm running Windows 7 and it was as simple as right clicking the main Icon, not the shortcut, or if you do right click the shortcut you can get to the main icon by clicking the OPEN FILE LOCATION button > properties > Compatibility tab>RUN THIS PROGRAM WITH COMPATIBILITY FOR (Drop down box)WINDOWS 7 (or whatever program you are on.

A lot simpler than when I played 00/01 in XP and had to change the cache settings every-time.

Enjoying 01/02 anyway so cheers for the advice y'all.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
In my opinion they continually get better with each new release. I've had the same game going on FM12 for the last year. It's absolutely class so I'd say FM 12 all day. 97/98 was a classic though

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I had that problem after downloading it. I'm running Windows 7 and it was as simple as right clicking the main Icon, not the shortcut, or if you do right click the shortcut you can get to the main icon by clicking the OPEN FILE LOCATION button > properties > Compatibility tab>RUN THIS PROGRAM WITH COMPATIBILITY FOR (Drop down box)WINDOWS 7 (or whatever program you are on.

A lot simpler than when I played 00/01 in XP and had to change the cache settings every-time.

Enjoying 01/02 anyway so cheers for the advice y'all.

[MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION], that should work but if it doesn't post in here again. I would be loathe to allow a fellow 01/02er not to be able to play the glorious game!

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agree with those that say 01/02 was the best. It was and still is the daddy as far as I'm concerned. I'm just gutted I can't lay it on my mac or iPad. Skaldis, tsigalko, and popodopoulous were the nuts.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
LMA Manager 2007.

The LMA Manager series STILL has the best match engine of all of them by a long long long way. F*** watching a graphic of a score card with a brief text description of what has happened during the match or a few stick men in comparison to LMA

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
The LMA Manager series STILL has the best match engine of all of them by a long long long way. F*** watching a graphic of a score card with a brief text description of what has happened during the match or a few stick men in comparison to LMA

Really? Interesting. What keeps it from toppling FM? Or is it just the games and not the stats that it's better at?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Its a bit fiddly, but you can get 01/02 working, with todays database.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here