Banned
Sep 9, 2011
not sure why my link says site error as it works :/

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Started downloading when I got home from work, played one preseason friendly thus far (a 7-0 win over the might of Burgess Hill, CMS with 4, Hoskins and Harley with 1 each, and a late OG) and I think I'm gonna like this one.

There's nothing massively revolutionary compared to last year (if it ain't broke, why fix it?), but almost everything has been at least tweaked to some degree. For example, with the team talks, there are now far more different things to say, and you have the option of what tone of voice to say things in to try to elicit the right kind of response (and you can clearly see which players have reacted which way to it).

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Eh, do I download this- it's just going to lead me to buying the game again and never play it. How long does the demo last, January?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Eh, do I download this- it's just going to lead me to buying the game again and never play it. How long does the demo last, January?

December 31st 2011 I believe, then when the game comes out on October 21st you can transfer your demo game and pick up wherever you leave off.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
December 31st 2011 I believe, then when the game comes out on October 21st you can transfer your demo game and pick up wherever you leave off.

That's neat. I'll give it a whizz, my biggest grievance with the most recent iterations are the tedious interviews which you can't leave to your dummy assistants because they're more than likely to call your star player an idiot.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That's neat. I'll give it a whizz, my biggest grievance with the most recent iterations are the tedious interviews which you can't leave to your dummy assistants because they're more than likely to call your star player an idiot.

From what I've seen so far (and obviously I'm only just starting out), the interviews seem to be a bit less samey, with more questions and options added in depending on the circumstances, so hopefully that should be a bit less of a chore this year.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Bugger thought it was tonight it came out. Know what Im going to do when I get home...

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Had a quick mess around. Played Burgess Hill with everyone out of position.
Started with Greer and Ankergren upfront. Greer scored a 20 yard screamer after 5 minutes soon followed by a curling 20 yarder from Taricco and a scorcher from Ankergren.
A tip for you all though, don't play Bergkamp in goal. He is WANK and will fumble every shot.

I won 5-1 :lol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What formation/lineup are people using for the Albion so far?

My current first choice is:

GK: Ankergren
DR: Calderon
DCR: Greer
DCL: Dunk:
DL: Painter
DMC: Bridcutt
MC: Harley
AMR: Buckley
AML: Vicente
STR: Mackail-Smith
STL: Hoskins

Set to short passing, more width than default and a slightly high tempo (I haven't got to fiddling with the more in depth tactical tweaks yet).

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
It's my final year of uni and I just can't afford to waste the amount of time on FM that I would if I buy this game.

But with our team this year, it'll be one of the most fun yet.

Ugh. Who needs a degree anyway...

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Got Ben Amos on loan for in goal.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Downloaded yesterday but didn't get much further than the normal opening procedures of sacking all the back room staff before finding better replacements.

Had a quick look at the wages though as FM is usually quite accurate (I think). Vicente is on £15k a week with a £5k appearance bonus. CMS £10k a week with a £1k appearance bonus.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I splashed out and bought Ben Alnwick from Spurs for 525k. I've also signed Darren Carter on a free to give me more midfield options.

I got Alnwick as my back up and sold Brezovan and Ankergeran

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Is it just me that thinks Barnes not that good, missing alot of shots for me alot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here