Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Show

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Sorry if its already been on here but Football League Show will not be back until 14th Jan due to "budget decisions"

If they cannot be bothered with the show they should just give it to someone who wants to show it!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Does it need presenters? Couldn't it just be extended highlights with a voice over chap? That would make it cheaper. Get rid of Mans Basin and Claridge and you've made it vastly better already. Palace Lizzy should be concentrating on raising her nipper in the caravan anyway.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
i got up this morning for the MOTD repeat,pressed the red button on the half chance the football league show might be on,but no sign

first F1, now this,very poor of the beeb

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Does it need presenters? Couldn't it just be extended highlights with a voice over chap? That would make it cheaper. Get rid of Mans Basin and Claridge and you've made it vastly better already. Palace Lizzy should be concentrating on raising her nipper in the caravan anyway.

Endsleigh league extra :clap:

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Well this is the last year that the BBC have the contract for, no one one has brought the rights for next season yet, I know it has it's faults but it's not a bad show, they do show every goal in the football league, ITV never use to when they had the highlights.

For yesterday's games the highlights will be on the BBC website tomorrow morning.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is a shame. The Beeb has much better coverage than ITV.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Well this is the last year that the BBC have the contract for, no one one has brought the rights for next season yet, I know it has it's faults but it's not a bad show, they do show every goal in the football league, ITV never use to when they had the highlights.

For yesterday's games the highlights will be on the BBC website tomorrow morning.

Exactly and as of now it looks like a real possibility that we won't have a fta highlights show, Don't think itv will come back into the mix that just leaves ch4 or ch5

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This is a shame. The Beeb has much better coverage than ITV.

I disagree, I think the only difference between the BBC and ITV (Other than John Motson), is the advert breaks. And for that reason alone, the BBC rules. But it has become lazy, and lost its way. It needs a new head of programming, or whoever it is who determines these things, who is going to sort out their mess of sports coverage.

>Stop only showing one session of the snooker, then one hour in the evening and then a replay of some crap drama.
>Don't be pushed about by Sky over the F1, grow a pair and show all the races (Illegal feed?...)
>When they're going to show the poor man's Darts, show the whole damn thing and don't stop coverage mid-match.
>If you're going to show live Football League matches (hurrah!), don't limit yourself to just scrappy local derbys.

Anyone got any more?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Sorry if its already been on here but Football League Show will not be back until 14th Jan due to "budget decisions"

If they cannot be bothered with the show they should just give it to someone who wants to show it!

Sad news, i enjoy watching it when i get the time.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

ITV used to show all the goals, just the same as the BBC.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
[yt]2mSOciv8bzA[/yt]

Great find!

Used to love that show, brings back a lot of memories. Would tape it and watch it as soon as I got in from school the next day. Presented by Gabriel Clarke I think wasn't it?

Its a travesty about the football league show. Yes Claridge and the emails are annoying but generally it is a really good show. It needs sorting ASAP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here