Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Show to be axed

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For Fudge Sake! Just when we move up the pecking order and you don't have to stay up until 1:26am to watch our 2 seconds of footage they axe the frickin' show. Outroooooogeous!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
What the f*** is the point of a state broadcaster if it doesn't/won't show the nation's most popular sport's highlights because it isn't as economically viable?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What the f*** is the point of a state broadcaster if it doesn't/won't show the nation's most popular sport's highlights because it isn't as economically viable?

Could it be something to do with all of the money they've spunked/wasted moving everything to frigging Manchester (so they can be closer to f***ing Man Utd?).

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Its players wages that are the problem - they are paid too much for what they do.

You can blame Sky but its also down to players wages. The Premier is only the best league in the world because they pay the highest wages and the best players want to earn the best wages.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I've always wondered why they need a great HANGER of a studio to present the show.

Bring back Saint & Greavsie!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Well they can't have been paying that muppet claridge much for his dull weekly post match 'analysis'

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
great program that I would miss sadly, think they need to find a way to cut costs and hang on to this one...maybe no "presenters" at all, just show us the highlights with some voice over! Definitely don't need the emails and texts read out!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They could easily cut costs by showing just the highlights with narration from a voice-over (Nick Halling ?) , I would forego the 15 minutes of a main match with commentary and punditry from the studio and present the show in the style of Trans World Sports.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
They could easily cut costs by showing just the highlights with narration from a voice-over (Nick Halling ?) , I would forego the 15 minutes of a main match with commentary and punditry from the studio and present the show in the style of Trans World Sports.

Anybody (well, almost) except Nick Halling. Arrogant, self opinionated big-head that he is. There must be someone else? Agree, though, that the Trans World Sports style would be better than nothing.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i read somewhere that BBC had lost the rights as of next season to show football league, and that SKY were going to do there own sat night show?

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Cut a slice off Hansen's £40K a show on MOTD

I repeat, Hansen gets £40,000 each and every MOTD he does

Meh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here