Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Awards 2012 - Gus wins Outstanding Manager award

D

Deleted User X18H

Isn't Gus is up for outstanding managerial achievement? And Dunk up for young player award?

D

Deleted User X18H

Bigirimana wins Championship Apprentice of the year award.Coventry lad apparently

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why is this award announced in March? Surely it makes no sense to decide upon an outstanding manager two months before we find out which ones have got their hands on the prizes?

I assume it means 2011 calendar year as that was criteria for the vote of goal of the year.

D

Deleted User X18H

PNE Paul Bradley wins unsung hero award. Well done him. Must admit I am gutted

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Fair enough, ignore me then. In that case, Gus is a worthy winner. A stylish and comfortable promotion without spending too much money followed by an instant taking to the next division must be unrivalled. Off the top of my head, the only other worthy candidate is Nigel at Southampton, but the fact he's done it with a club that is expected to do it probably counts against him.

It's a nomination for a specific thing, so I think for Gus it was winning promotion. Freedman was up for beating Man U at Old Trafford and Lee Clark was up for Huddersfield seating a new unbeaten record.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Freedman should have won it to be honest. I mean, he's transformed that team from bottom half to mid table mediocrity. Well done that man. Outstanding.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Fair enough, ignore me then. In that case, Gus is a worthy winner. A stylish and comfortable promotion without spending too much money followed by an instant taking to the next division must be unrivalled. Off the top of my head, the only other worthy candidate is Nigel at Southampton, but the fact he's done it with a club that is expected to do it probably counts against him.

Agreed. Adkins has done a fantastic job, but Gus has taken us from 21st in League 1 in a crap stadium on a fraction of the budget that NA has had at his disposal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a nomination for a specific thing, so I think for Gus it was winning promotion. Freedman was up for beating Man U at Old Trafford and Lee Clark was up for Huddersfield seating a new unbeaten record.

I found this on the Football League website so you were right.

Outstanding Managerial Achievement (voted for by Football Manager website users)
Gus Poyet - Brighton & Hove Albion (for winning the npower League 1 title)
Dougie Freedman - Crystal Palace (for beating Manchester United at Old Trafford in the Carling Cup)
Lee Clark - Huddersfield Town (for setting a new League record for unbeaten matches)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here