Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Fans v Students........Fight! (oops I mean vote!)

Who do you support, who will win?

• Sympathise with students - Students win the fight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sympathise with students - Students lose the fight

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Sympathise with taxpayers - Football fans win the fight

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Sympathise with taxpayers - Football fans lose the fight

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Firstly, do you have any sympathy with the pampered student class of our times? Secondly, who would win the row between the two groups if the Police were not involed?:lolol:

Obviously football fans would win in a fight, but I don't get the distinction you draw between taxpayers and students. What about taxpaying students? And what about taxpayers who think that it is important for the country that people are educated? And then there are the taxpayers who work in HE and whose jobs, as a result of this plan, are now under threat And anyway, who says they are pampered? More to the point, the pampered ones won't give a toss about fees, because pater will be paying them. More pampered are those politicians who having got their free education are now denying it to others?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Firstly, do you have any sympathy with the pampered student class of our times? Secondly, who would win the row between the two groups if the Police were not involed?:lolol:
You're a bit premature with your 'pampered student class' comment. They won't exist for a few years yet, not until the universities are full of rich kids who don't care about the money. Even then not all students will be 'pampered' - people who want to be nurses for example. From September 2013 you'll need a degree before you can even start nurse training, consequently new nurses could start their careers with debts of £27,000 for their fees alone (let alone the loans to cover their living expenses whilst studying).

And to answer the question they'd lose the fight - but at least some of them had the gumption and balls to take to the streets, and not content with impotently marching about they took the fight to the establishment. True British heroes every one.

PS - Don't anybody bother replying to this saying how the violent protests were a 'disgrace' because frankly I don't give a shit. Personally I'm delighted that some British people at last showed a bit of backbone.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You're a bit premature with your 'pampered student class' comment. They won't exist for a few years yet, not until the universities are full of rich kids who don't care about the money. Even then not all students will be 'pampered' - people who want to be nurses for example. From September 2013 you'll need a degree before you can even start nurse training, consequently new nurses could start their careers with debts of £27,000 for their fees alone (let alone the loans to cover their living expenses whilst studying).

And to answer the question they'd lose the fight - but at least some of them had the gumption and balls to take to the streets, and not content with impotently marching about they took the fight to the establishment. True British heroes every one.

PS - Don't anybody bother replying to this saying how the violent protests were a 'disgrace' because frankly I don't give a shit. Personally I'm delighted that some British people at last showed a bit of backbone.

Top post.

People have been saying for years why can't we be more like the French and take to the streets at the drop of a chapeau. Well, now we are. Let's hope there's many more months of protesting.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
And go and visit towns that do not have universities - students bring a lot of income to an area, and create a lively atmosphere. And that is before any protests.

And pampered ? I don't think so. Coming out of university with debt - into a non-existent job market. Some pampering.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Top post.

People have been saying for years why can't we be more like the French and take to the streets at the drop of a chapeau. Well, now we are. Let's hope there's many more months of protesting.

There will be.

2011 will also see Public Sector workers protesting at losing their jobs, coupled with the Students, who have said they will not stop their protests.

THe Poll Tax was scrapped several months after it had been made law, so can see this one going exactly the same way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here