Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football fans unite for the community.........

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
All footie supporters from the london club's who's games have been called off, i.e. west ham, palace, millwall, charlton, etc. should unite and protect their community by being present in the town centres to assist the police, not to look for fights but to protect local businesses and property.
What then could these hundreds of thugs do when faced with 20,000+ pissed off locals?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sadly , and this is the one thing that truly pisses me off , is the people who stand up and stop them will get in more trouble then the yobs. :(

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
True, but doesn't it make you wonder what "reasonable" force you can use when making a citizen's arrest?…

:guns:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The same West Ham and Millwall fans that rioted around Upton Park last season....er no thanks.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Sadly , and this is the one thing that truly pisses me off , is the people who stand up and stop them will get in more trouble then the yobs. :(

Plus the people standing around just watching are getting in the way of the police - I have no sympathy for anyone "sightseeing" who gets hurt in the process.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The same West Ham and Millwall fans that rioted around Upton Park last season....er no thanks.

It does sound a bit strange, but this is different... I can't even explain it! But I know what you're saying. Ok let me see if I can... when your city feels like it is being taken over by the scum that have been out on our streets for three days, it's almost like a siege mentality and you feel the need to defend those around you. You almost forget such things as football allegiances, even if for one night only, to fight for what feels like a common cause. That's the way I see it anyway.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
All footie supporters from the london club's who's games have been called off, i.e. west ham, palace, millwall, charlton, etc. should unite and protect their community by being present in the town centres to assist the police, not to look for fights but to protect local businesses and property.
What then could these hundreds of thugs do when faced with 20,000+ pissed off locals?

It's happening in South East London apparently. EDL have put out a call for Millwall and Charlton hooligans to meet up to "protect" Eltham and Welling from 6.30 this evening. Ten pence says after a few beers they'll end up trashing more stuff than any rioters would.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
It's happening in South East London apparently. EDL have put out a call for Millwall and Charlton hooligans to meet up to "protect" Eltham and Welling from 6.30 this evening. Ten pence says after a few beers they'll end up trashing more stuff than any rioters would.

I am not talking about hooligans, but honest, normal, people uniting against these outlaws

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here