Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football fan rivalry census

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Bless Southend – Canvey Island come second for them!

Spurs hating Yeovil a classic. Reckon someone was cutting and pasting as they worked through them, and forgot to change from Torquay to Tottenham. :lolol:

CAFC Matt said:
LOL We are officially the most loved club in the Country. No one has us as their rivals :lolol:

I don't know anyone who hates Charlton. Against all odds, they have done well in the premiership with no money and have a manger who has stuck by them and loves the club.:)

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
There are some interesting ones. The Bristol clubs hate each other as you would expect but they have a mutual loathing of Cardiff and Swindon

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Yeovil new song - "No-one hates us, no-one hates us, no-one hates us, we don't care, we are Yeovil, super Yeovil, we are Yeovil, from the farms" !

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
chips and gravy said:
There are some interesting ones. The Bristol clubs hate each other as you would expect but they have a mutual loathing of Cardiff and Swindon

Geography though - Swindon is only 30 miles away from Bristol which is about the same as Cardiff. Bristol City is Cardiff's closest English rivals and they always come to Brisol and cause havoc (so my City mates say).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
jonnyboylennon said:
Why the f*** do Gillingham hate Swindon?

Because they both want to be recognised as the shittiest southern town with a League football team?

Not suprising as i think it's too close to call.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
At the end of the day teams like Reading and Orient will be our rivals for a while but it will blow over.Portsmouth will always be a main rival so i think they must be a clear 2nd.I also think we hate Palace more than they hate us because they have Charlton and Millwall who also really hate them.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In answer to someone's question, Wycombe and Colchester dislike each other because of Col U's brief spell in the Conference a few years ago. They were both in competition for the lone promotion spot.

Luton dislike Plymouth for the same reason, based on their promotion battle of 2 seasons ago.

And Bournemouth, well they're annoying but I can't say I consider them rivals like they seem to think we are. They are one of those crappy clubs that is desperate for someone to care about them enough to hate them. Like Southampton give a sh1t about Bournemouth, I bet only one Saints fan voted for them, out of pity probably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here