Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football fan rivalry census

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
Yep pretty much hatred both ways, we hate the scum as much as they hate us and secondly we hate the inbreds as much as they hate us. Always will be those two for me

Perfect

I also noticed the mighty Leyton Orient have us as 3rd rivals. Seems as though that Herts based O has been voting.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I'm always surprised at football rivalries elsewhere in the country. When I lived in Greater Manchester I used to go and watch a lot of Stockport. The most intense rivalry they had was with Burnley (why?) and Chester City. Neither could be classed as closest neighbours.

While in Plymouth I used to find it funny that Exeter and Argyle hated each other while neither used to have any kind of grudge against Torquay

Shut it Pete.

Unlike you, my bottom is a safe haven away from BEADS!

What are our top 5 team haters? I hope Reading are in there. Bunch of hypocritical, money grabbing :censored:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The one that I liked was the rivalry between Wimbledon and AFC. I can unstand that the AFC boys would hate Franchise Utd, but how petty is it to hate a side that is seven (?) divisions below you?

And what's this about Arsenal's main rivals being Man U? That doesn't square that the stat that only about 7% of rivalries were based on proximity to each other in the league - were all the people who supported that proposition arsenal fans?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what a load of poo

so Chelsea recon AFC Wimbledon or vice versa to be their second rivals...yeah right!

I agree with Town hating the w****** from Leeds though. May they spiral out of the league and never darken our doorsteps again them and their horrible fans.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Arsenal hate Tottenham with a passion.

I take it the majority of people who answered the poll were little children

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting reading.

Colchester/Wycombe is a strange rivalry!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here