Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Football crowds could return in September, says FA chief executive

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Potentially 7500 golden tickets at the Amex then......

If that's where we are in September suspect it would simply be STHs getting one in three games allocated (perhaps based on existing seat numbers to maintain gaps, or more simply 'new' seats allocated in line with a stadium plan). Personally think SD will be reduced to 1m in the next couple of weeks, and then be discarded completely by September so there won't be a need to limit attendance.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just give everyone a full Hazmat suit as part of their Season Ticket deal and they could throw in a free 'wee bag' stitched inside so you wouldn't even need to go to the loo. Wear one of those hats with a couple of beers on the side with straws going into the head covering (for those that want refreshment) and we'll all be sorted! We can then open to full capacity. Simples

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was pondering a reduced crowd scenario, which by implication, means that some limitations are still in place. I know people arrive at different times. I was suggesting that you might not be able to push past people to get to your seat, if, for example, a 1m ruling is still in place. How this would be controlled, I have no idea. Likewise, getting up during the game also poses issues. Those not at the end of rows, will have to pass people very closely. Those people might not be comfortable with that and make it clear that they don't want it to happen. Likewise at HT/FT, you may not be able to leave when you want.
You suggest that these measures are totally impractical and unenforceable but if there are any limitations still in place, the club will have to introduce a control in accessing seats. If there are no limitations in place, then we will all be there enjoying the football.

One of the problems mitigating the unexpected is that many people have a bladder problem. Sorry to get all medical but if someone is in this position, then they would need access to a toilet, also any small children lack the control an adult has over body functions. I am suggesting that the limitiations you suggest would make return impossible. How would late-comers be catered for? The club couldn't ban people for arriving late if the train was late for instance. You suggest no stewards at the top of stairs but then how would they stop anyone walking along a row to exit the stadium. Personally, I think I tend towards the all or nothing position.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
No concourse catering would significantly assist with the concourse crowding problem but transport, for us, is the big one.

However if playing to a reduced capacity, then it may be possible to accommodate a significant number of those fans using the near-site car parking options available, ie Bennett's Field, The Bridge and the university.

DIdn't we play a Boxing Day game with limited/no trains operating? Many people will make other plans if they have to, or feel they need to, whether that means a long walk for those who can, or getting a lift from another household member.

Yes definitely a Boxing Day a few years ago we got a bus as there were no trains/or very limited. No problem getting there from the town but massive queues getting away. Following that the next time there was a home game on Boxing Day I parked in the Bridge as I thought it would be the best option. We waited until 30mins after end of game thinking it would have cleared a bit with the early leavers but then spent an hour trying to get out of the car park with people trying to edge in front of each other. Very stressful and vowed never to do it again.
Reduction in stadium capacity may it all easier. If the weather is nice I may well walk ias I’m lucky enough to live in Brighton, and if the weather is good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here