• Setanta Sports

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Eurosport

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Just intrested in which chanel you guys prefer for Overall football coverage.

I Would have to go with Sky sports as i think the overall coverage is far superior to any other broadcasters, The commentators are generally very good with Andy Gray and Co, the pundits are top class.:thumbsup:

Your Views?
(If you chose Setanta you may be killed on the spot):nono:

Last edited:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Andy Gray is as much of a prick as anyone from BBC. I will go for BBC simply for the fact that they don't have adverts, but really the low standard of football punditry on TV is incredible. It would be easy to say that we obviously have too high standards, considering every channel is so poor, but I hear much better stuff on the radio, and frankly probably on here as well. If there wasn't such an obsession with big names it might work better, as it is it's definetely 'volume off' for half time.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I don't watch football on TV. I know I'm in a minority, but the diving, cheating and general celebrity nature of the footballers, referees and "pundits" that appear on TV is so appalling I can't be arsed. This includes international matches too I'm afraid. I've long since given up watching the Three Lions, going back to when they started being more interested in their celebrity status than England Caps.

I would watch the Albion on TV, but that'd be unlikely because I'd more likely be at the game.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sky Sports knocks the spots off everyone else. In depth previews and analysis by some of the finest pundits in the game, they do the big games justice.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Sky.

BBC coverage of most sports is very poor. It's a well known fact that the BBC is run by women and gays, so that explains it really.

Doesn't look like the majority agree so far...

BBC wins for me, here's why:

- No David Pleat
- No Trevor Francis
- No Andy Gray
- No Craig Burley
- No ridiculous branding every time there's a replay
- Best of all, no Adverts

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I only really watch BSP footie on TV. So its Setanta for me

I Really, Really hope your joking? i mean i dont mind the BSP coverage but for overall football coverage?

Are you INSANE?:O
*Calls men in white coats*

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I Really, Really hope your joking? i mean i dont mind the BSP coverage but for overall football coverage?

Are you INSANE?:O
*Calls men in white coats*

Like I said because the only Football I watch on the TV is the BSP. I have to go for Setanta. I agree for overall football coverage it is dire. I did sometimes catch the late night football show. Can't remember what its called. Which wasn't bad. I just don't have much interest in the Premiership

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have Sky, but cannot stand Andy Gray, or for that fact most of their commentators, so although I have voted BBC it is by default as I listen to FiveLive and watch the Sky pictures.

What can be said for Sky though is that they have made football a spectacle and a full day out for families, which I will also state is also partially due to the Taylor Report, and making stadiums a more welcoming place to be, but has their investment helped promote the game to where it is now?

I must just say that the reason I got Sky was for the cricket. My football fix is delivered at Withdean, and the best way to watch any sport, eg. live.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Like I said because the only Football I watch on the TV is the BSP. I have to go for Setanta. I agree for overall football coverage it is dire. I did sometimes catch the late night football show. Can't remember what its called. Which wasn't bad. I just don't have much interest in the Premiership

Yes but surely you watch England on the BBC and they imo are much better than JokeTV...:nono:

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
has to be sky for me, you wont find games like luton v brighton on any other channel but apart from that Soccer am is a great start to any Saturday.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Yes the coverage of England games is poor on Setanta and the BBC is miles better but I don't watch many England games either

Mainly because all setantas commentators and pundits are scottish haggis munchers:laugh:

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
:lol: You should try watching their Scottish football coverage. Not only is the commentary dire so is the football. Rangers and Celtic in the premiership. Your having a laugh

:clap:

id love to see rangers and celtic move to england just to see the idiots who support them suffer as their teams struggle to get anywhere near the Premiership. Let them join but only if they have to work their way through the leagues like anyone else.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
:clap:

id love to see rangers and celtic move to england just to see the idiots who support them suffer as their teams struggle to get anywhere near the Premiership. Let them join but only if they have to work their way through the leagues like anyone else.

From what I have seen on Setanta both Rangers and Celtic would Struggle in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here