Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Food you love that most people would turn their noses up at nowadays?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'm intrigued - the pig brains - what do they taste like, and texture - always imagine it's like eating a soft cauliflower...
They are very creamy, it's like eating soft cheese. Difficult to comment on the taste as such, because I've only had them soaked in chilli oil but very enjoyable.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Pulpo Gallego or more commonly known as Octopus cooked in the Galician style. ****ing biblical.
4e4d36ebb542fe3f384038c8c20c5320.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
I heard a stat a while back that, going back millennia, communities in the UK got about 80% of their protein from oysters,
Oysters would feature in my last supper, [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] might like to know that a frangipane type desert would also be there.

True. The rabbit holes on Cissbury Ring will often reveal broken oyster shells that the rabbits have dug up. That's from a couple of thousand years ago.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Des huitres sauvage, on the quayside at Concale, Brittany.

Raw wild oysters, the size of your hand.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
True. The rabbit holes on Cissbury Ring will often reveal broken oyster shells that the rabbits have dug up. That's from a couple of thousand years ago.

There are numerous old maps around Shoreham showing oyster beds. plenty of molluscs living ad growing there now, as long as the illegal farmers are kept at bay.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Agreed.

But I do wish I'd never watched My Octopus Teacher on Netflix.

They only live a couple of years and die soon after mating anyway, so we might as well eat them. Besides, they're not endangered and are delicious. If they were that smart, they wouldn't climb into pots attached to ropes.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
They only live a couple of years and die soon after mating anyway, so we might as well eat them. Besides, they're not endangered and are delicious. If they were that smart, they wouldn't climb into pots attached to ropes.

Yeah, I know all that. It's the same for any animal, in principle.

But they've got NINE brains.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here