Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Food stocks critical! What can I bake with these ingredients?

I've let food stocks fall alarmingly low, but I'm just too tired to go and cycle to Asda in the rain. I have plenty of the following, though: peanut butter (50% fat), vegetable oil, self-raising flour and sugar. I have no eggs or milk, but do have a lump of solidified coffee whitening I could perhaps boil in water. I don't mind if the bake is a bit stodgy, and I have sultanas and ground cinnamon to flavour. I also do not have a woman to bake it for me. :(

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Bake one of these

Round-turd-big.jpg

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I've let food stocks fall alarmingly low, but I'm just too tired to go and cycle to Asda in the rain. I have plenty of the following, though: peanut butter (50% fat), vegetable oil, self-raising flour and sugar. I have no eggs or milk, but do have a lump of solidified coffee whitening I could perhaps boil in water. I don't mind if the bake is a bit stodgy, and I have sultanas and ground cinnamon to flavour. I also do not have a woman to bake it for me. :(

Do you have oats?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
love these threads, always great to see what creative solutions people come up with...

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
A cake won't rise without an egg, the other ingredients won't bind together either.

Not true. You can replace the egg with loads of things, vegans i believe commonly use fruit such as bananas. I think you can use yoghurt or tofu too.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Well dont think you'll going to get much with that lot. However why not mix the flour with some water to make a paste. Add the peanut butter and sugar and mix it all together. Add the cinnamon and sultana's to flavour. Then depending on how much mixture you have make into either one patty or a few. Then gently shallow fry with the oil in a pan. :thumbsup:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
No, and I'm not getting any either :)

Drat - was contemplating the flapjack route...

I know you're not going out - or did you mean you're not sowing any of your own wild ones? :lol:

You could always mix a few cups of the flour, with a table spoon of oil, a teaspoon of cinnamon, and a couple of tablespoons of sugar and the lump of whitener into a mixture (slightly runny) and bake in the over for 25 minutes or so or until its just done/raised. Then coat the sultanas in peanut butter and dot over the top of the cake with another shake of sugar and put it back in for a few minutes!

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Soak the Sultanas in a little boiling water to plump them up, add some cinnamon to flavour. Make a simple pastry with the flour and oil. Roll out the pastry till its quite thin and cut it into some circles about 3 inches across. Put some of your sultanas in the centre and fold over the pastry to make a parcel. Using the rest of your oil deep fry the sultana parcels.. Sprinkle with sugar and serve whie still warm.
If you have any brandy that would be good to add to your sultana mixture.

Since you don't have any yeast, you can make unleavened bread
Recipe
That states "The kitchen should be unleavened beforehand." Does that involve getting a builder in?

A cake won't rise without an egg, the other ingredients won't bind together either.
So how does bread rise without eggs? And why wouldn't vegetable oil bind flour?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The coffee whitener will need rehydrating, but don't go over board you'll have to keep it as a paste.
Sieve three times more flour to the sugar.
Add a pinch of cinnamon, remember you can't pad out a meal with just cinnamon.
Make a well in the middle.
Add the rehydrated whitener, and begin to mix.
Turn the oven on to pre heat medium hot (180 gas mark 5)
You'll need a rough dough, do add water/flour to get the consistency right.
(It's hard to make that call without knowing the quantities you have, so you're on your own there)
When you've got a decent dough, add the sultanas, and give the dough a final mix.
Save some flour. Sorry I should have said that earlier.
Roll out the dough and cut into biscuit shapes.
Spread peanut butter over the top of each biscuit.
Oil a baking tray and put your biscuits on it.
Then put the whole lot in the bin and phone a pizza.
Don't forget to turn the oven off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here