Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Food near Withdean

BBH

Jul 28, 2004
Tooting Bec
Hoep someon can help. Are then any decent cafe's/burger joints etc near the Withdean (rather than food within), am coming from Preston Park station & usually just pile into the pub but not tonight. Cheers

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Crown and Anchor (PUB) does decent food, its just down and right from the Station !!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Go to Brighton. Although I believe there's a chippy and/or Chinese about 200 yards along Eldred Avenue from Withdean. However, I may be talking crap.

BBH

Jul 28, 2004
Tooting Bec
No time to get to Brighton, am coming down from London & get into PP at about 7:00. Not to worry, will try to grab something at Victoria & then get a beer when I get there. Or else there is a garage near the Tap & Spile isn;t there

Thank you anyway people!

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
Go to Brighton. Although I believe there's a chippy and/or Chinese about 200 yards along Eldred Avenue from Withdean. However, I may be talking crap.

No chippy there. There is a chinese takeaway which has made me very ill previously (eat at your peril) I would try the sportsman - if you get last weeks leader they advertise some kind of £5 off meal deal!! its cheap and reasonable good anyway...

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
If you don't mind going backwards a bit then Tammy's Fish & Chip shop is at the top of the droveway just east of the junction with Dyke Road. Go out of Woodside Avenue exit of PP station, up Hampstead Road, turn right at the end of the road and you'll see it a little way up the hill. Take away only, and you can eat it going the back way to Withdean past the lovely Spanish style chalet villas and bungalows.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Deano's Right Foot said:
If you don't mind going backwards a bit then Tammy's Fish & Chip shop is at the top of the droveway just east of the junction with Dyke Road. you can eat it going the back way to Withdean
I'm confused. Why can't he go forwards ?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
So he knows which way to go when he wants to go forwards.:dunce: :shootself

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's a pity there isn't one of the hot dogs stands at Withdean - I used to love the one on the corner by the tyre place outside the Goldstone :nono:

Boiled hot dog - stale bun - and interesting reconstituted dried 'fried' onions :)

BBH

Jul 28, 2004
Tooting Bec
Cheers Peeps, am off now - if you see someone who looks like Dozy dave frmo teh Royle Family (& Early Doors!!!!) eatign a chip, then feel free to ask. Come on the Seagulls!!!!! (Old man is from swansea so I double hate the Cardiff inbreds)

Oct 25, 2003
us folk in westdene are way too posh for food establishments-

the chinese is crap- don't go there,

there is a phat indian however, may be worth a go-
otherwise stay in brighton or try patcham:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here