Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Food for thought for those who complain they are denied free speech

Be glad you don't live in China. Not content with banning use of Google, this report popped up today :-

"MSNBC is reporting that China has banned a soccer game that depicts Taiwan as independent. Violators are threatened with $1200 fines. From the article: "The game, 'Soccer Manager 2005', contained content that harmed China's sovereignty and territorial integrity and violated Chinese law, the Xinhua news agency reported on Tuesday."

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Gigabyte, etc, all pander to China and keep the ROC at the end of the adress, to keep their gear being allowed in

Why the rest of the world allows it I dunno. Oh, I forgot, China gives US companies cheap labour. Thats why the US hasn't gone in and stopped them opressing Taiwan.

jodcm007

Oct 20, 2004
Brighton
MYOB said:
Gigabyte, etc, all pander to China and keep the ROC at the end of the adress, to keep their gear being allowed in

Why the rest of the world allows it I dunno. Oh, I forgot, China gives US companies cheap labour. Thats why the US hasn't gone in and stopped them opressing Taiwan.
i think its more a case of the us being a tad scared ??

jodcm007 said:
i think its more a case of the us being a tad scared ??

You are very naive aren't you.
Good thing those big brave Americans weren't scared of Saddam or where would we be now?

MYOB said:
Not at war?

True. But those Iraqi's would not be the free citizens they are today and we would not be free from the grip of global terrorism and the threat of WMD would we? Ha!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Lokki 7 said:
True. But those Iraqi's would not be the free citizens they are today and we would not be free from the grip of global terrorism and the threat of WMD would we? Ha!

Err.... Madrid

What WMD?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Lokki 7 said:
:shootself

Irony dear MYOB.
I got it. I've clocked you're point of view on that topic :lolol: . I do think the mods need to get a sarcasm smiley. Half my jokes don't work in plain text.

jodcm007

Oct 20, 2004
Brighton
Lokki 7 said:
You are very naive aren't you.
Good thing those big brave Americans weren't scared of Saddam or where would we be now?
i think you have your tongue firmly in cheek
america china from what i see
only one winner
they have had enough trouble where they are now without trying to take on the big boys

Yeah I wasn't very clear, sorry. Given the views of some of the ignorant goon squad on here that could have been a genuine response.
Watched Moore's F-911 again this evening and the sight of that (former) pro Army mother talking about the loss of her son sums everything up for me. The little guys get shat on whilst the real villans live in their castles. Makes me sick.

jodcm007 said:

america china from what i see
only one winner

No winners there mate. Thats why they will practice moral flexibility and concentrate on building bank balances.

jodcm007

Oct 20, 2004
Brighton
Lokki 7 said:
No winners there mate. Thats why they will practice moral flexibility and concentrate on building bank balances.
well i dont think i would ever happen
they tend to shit out when someone there own size stands up to them typical bully boys

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
MYOB said:
Thats why the US hasn't gone in and stopped them opressing Taiwan.

How exactly does China oppress a democratic independant state outside its borders that has an military budget well in excess of $7billion (mainly equipped by the US)?

Taiwan might not be officailly recognised by most countries around the world, but that hasnt stopped them developing a first world economy. There's a lot of other disputed provinces around the world that would quite literally kill for that sort of "oppression".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here