Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Focus - let's keep our fingers crossed

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Scarface said:
Lining Archer's pockets with over a BILLION quid didnt it?

surley that would put him in the top 5 richest people in the uk ???

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Re: Re: Focus - let's keep our fingers crossed

sully said:
How does that work?

If people aren't moving, they spend their money on their current property, surely. I'd have thought that would increase the turnover of the DIY stores. However, I seem to have that market all wrong!

The only investment that increases the value of a property is usually to add extra rooms, something generally beyond the average DIYer, & usually dependant on the size of plot, often not possible in older properties or high density modern estates.

In fact if you've ever watched DIY SOS, it seems most attempts at DIY have knocked 1,000's, sometimes 10's of 1,000's off the properties value.

For the most part, whilst you might reap the benefits of a better quality of life, putting up a set of shelves or some coveing rarely equates to an increase in the properties value ! Even a new kitchen or bathroom can cost more than the increased asking price you can charge.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The Large One said:
Archer has nowt to do with Focus any more, I don't think. Too late. I would be more concerned about the amount of redundancies to the staff.

My argument exactly. I personally won't go to or spend any money in the Focus in Aberystwyth (despite it being the only shop of its kind for 50 miles), but it employs a lot of people in this town including some I know, who don't really have much knowledge or involvement in the pre-1997 troubles of Brighton and Hove Albion.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I hate that bastard.

I hope he gets whats coming to him and that I am there to see it

I once told him to his face that I would be at his funeral whenever it is - and I will be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here