Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Focus DIY in "financial meltdown"

Archer sold part of his stake in Focus Wickes, about 15 per cent of the company, in 2002-ish. Biggest shareholders now are private equity companies Duke Street Capital and Apax Partners. Travis Perkins recently bought Wickes, the builders merchant, Wickes now has no connection to Archer.

Archer is still chairman and chief executive of Focus. He still I think owns a stake of about 10 per cent.

The poor performance of the business may lead to him being replaced as an executive at some point, but it's too early to tell.

But alas when he sold his shares in 2002, he made £75 million, from a £1 million investment he put in back in 1987.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Focus are still game for the old long weekend favourite....fill one of their huge shopping carts with shit loads of small packages (nails, screws, tap washers, etc-all of which mysteriously split as you go around the store). Let them ring up the whole cart-thereby causing huge lines at the checkouts. Wallet left in car syndrome.

Another act of revenge. Childish it may be but it does feel very good driving away knowing there has been another Seagull shitting on them....

I don't care who owns them in the future-they'll never see a penny of my money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here