Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FM 2006 Official thread - Brighton

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Just started last night. A big improvement from CM2004. 7 points from 3 games so far, but all against weak opposition. Squad wise, a centre half seems a must.

Carole seems to be a bit poor. Does he improve?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Doesn't seem to. Still ahsn't done badly though, 26 games, 5 goals, 1 assist, rating of 6.85.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Had a poor start - one point in eight games - but picked up now. Signed Henderson who then got injured - playing Shagger in goal and he is a star.

Best signing so far, Ben Wright from FC Start for about £100K. Playing him as a striker and he has 10 goals in 13 games. Also playing CKR at right midfield as Carole has been poor and CKR is doing well there.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Had a few friendlies just to get to grips with everything, the half-time/full-time team talks are nice, Gonna start afresh and proper right....NOW!

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Had a horrible pre-season (got my ass handed to me by Wrexham and narrowly lost out to the mighty Barry Town) but started the season with a 3-1 victory over Watford at home and a 2-2 draw away with Millwall - a game we should have one according to the commentry despite the fact that we had to come from behind twice and had a player sent off.
Sold Hart for 160K to Hibs (thinking that was too little now) and signed Foran from Motherwell (got injured and hasn't played for me yet) and Ford from Kilmarnock (played 5 minutes and also got injured). Signed an out of work Spanish veteran AM RC called Cembranos.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Just sold Knight to Southampton for £750k and Nicolas is about to go to Sheff Utd for £250k. Trying to sign Etuhu from Preston in exchange for Hart. Couple of good performances in the two friendlies, 3-1 at Wrexham and Hinckley who had a certain Mr Storer playing at right back.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Chelsea just bought Rooney off Man Utd for £79,000,000 :lol: :blush:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Playing only with players who play for BHA, I have had to used Gary Elphick twice, because of injuries or suspensions.

In two of those games, he got red-carded.

Art imitates life.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Just sold Wayne Henderson for £1 million, after signing him for £45k and Dean Hammond, also for £1 million. Bolton even offered to swap Ricardo Vaz Te for Frutos, but I turned them down. It's nice having a transfer budget of £1.5 million though :)

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's Virtual Boxing Day, and Virtual Leon Knight has 19 goals.

In an earlier game, Turienzo finished the season second in the Championship, with 29...

Something's seriously whack with the AI....

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
About half way through the 3rd season. Still struggling mid to lower Championship. One huge bright spot - after playing minor roles in the last couple of seasons Jake has suddenly caught fire. Due to an injury crisis thrown into first game and got a hatrick. Now got something like 15 in 15 and is worth 3.5million. Only problem with him is that I can't get him fit enough to play Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday. Always seems to be "tired" so have to rest him every other game.

How is Jake doing for everyone else?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
7th November 2007 and Jake Robinson as at Bolton [on loan to Wolves atm] but scored 8 goals in 15 games, worth about £3m. Ave rating of 6.79

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Turienzo,labonte(50k),nathan doyle,hasney aljofree (costs about £700k),Neil Mellor(free at end of first season),david healy(£800k),luis cembranos-free,mattias bjasmyr-60k,alan mccormack-250k,niki zimling-100k,angelos basinas-free,signed a great young scottish goalie too but forgotten his name :jester:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
one thing to note,training is very VERY important and with the "general" training already setup your players stats are likely to go down down down down down so make your own training!!!!!

i finished 1 point outside the playoffs first season and then was bottom after 7 games in second until finally we started firing and am now 13th after 10

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Just started my 3rd season after getting relegated in the first and promoted in the second. Everyone seems to be really unfit this year though, no-one can play on a Saturday and then Tuesday without becoming "tired". Haven't had too much of a problem in the last 2 seasons with fitness so not sure where it's all gone wrong?!?

Jake is one of my regular strikers and has scored 7 in 7 starts and 3 sub appearances, now injured though :angry:

Signed Eddie Johnson on a free from Man Utd to replace Turienzo who I sold for £3.8 to Spurs. He's quality scored 7 in 9 starts.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Finished mid-table in the first season after a great start. All went wrong when I had to sell Knight for 1 million as he wouldn't sign a new contract. Looking good for the playoffs in the 2nd as on a great run of form. Just beat Preston 5-1 in my last game. Team as follows if anyone wants tips on who to sign (note the old but prolific strikeforce):

GK: Joe Hart

DR: Rob Kozluk
DC: Nathan Clarke
DC: Darren Kenton
DL: Paul Reid

MR: Jakub Biskup
MC: Anderson Silva
MC: Dean Hammond
ML: Sebastian Carole

SC: Kevin Phillips
SC: Duncan Ferguson

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
fake slim said:
one thing to note,training is very VERY important and with the "general" training already setup your players stats are likely to go down down down down down so make your own training!!!!!

i finished 1 point outside the playoffs first season and then was bottom after 7 games in second until finally we started firing and am now 13th after 10
Any tips on how to make a good training schedule?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here