Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FM 06 tactics for Brighton

What tactics and formations have you used to get success with Brighton? I have tried a few and none have really bought me much luck.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
4-4-2, one central midfielder with a defensive arrow and both wingers attacking arrows,now 9th in premiership ;)

yeah i have tried a few and got sacked after 20 games winning only 2.

fake slim does it look like this?

GK
DR DC DC DL

/\
|
MR MC MC ML
| |
\/ \/

FC FC

Are there any particular tactics and playing styles you use?

Cheers

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Right- After three seasons i have developed this tactic with the following results:

4-1-3-2

basically have passing set to short, be attack minded but counter attacking.

Have the 1 as a DM in front of back four but behind a 3 man midfield with the two widest men on the wing pushing the arrows forward.

first season- relegated on last day of the season having beaten Stoke 4-1 but still went down.

second season- FA Cup quarter finals, and won the league one Championship with over 100 points and over 35 Goals for Turienzo (!!!) and 20 for Robinson.

Third season went up in Second place in the Championship behind Palace on Goal difference.

I would count that as succesful.

so patience then mate? i will give that a try too.

i have tried many formations and all end in failure.

although i have only been sacked once and was rplaced by Ruud Gullitt :clap2: :clap2: if only in RL :lolol:

Cambridge_Seagull

Jan 24, 2006
Cambridge
Yeah agree with that. 4-1-3-2 had worked for me at few clubs after a couple of failures with albion using other tactics. I tried it with albion and won the championship with ease. finshed with 102 points, 41 goals in all comps for el turi, 32 for jakey, and 15 from 8 apps for leon. happy days.

who are you playing with?

i have fairly a good team and tried this formation last night in a new season and i have won 2 games the first league game and a 1st rnd league cup against oxford.

i am in deep do do :down:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
fourthteamtillidie said:
Right- After three seasons i have developed this tactic with the following results:

4-1-3-2

basically have passing set to short, be attack minded but counter attacking.

Have the 1 as a DM in front of back four but behind a 3 man midfield with the two widest men on the wing pushing the arrows forward.

Does the midfield look like this:

----------DM----------

AMR-----MC------AML

Or are the wingers pushed in a bit more, like so but with arrowing pointing out to the wings:

----------DM----------

----AMR-MC-AML----

???

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
mcshane in the 79th said:
Does the midfield look like this:

----------DM----------

AMR-----MC------AML

Or are the wingers pushed in a bit more, like so but with arrowing pointing out to the wings:

----------DM----------

----AMR-MC-AML----

???

The first one with the wingers pushing forward all the way as far as the strikers.

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
This Usually Works For Me

---------------GK----------------

--DR---- DC----- DC----- DL--

--MR-------- MC---------- ML--
-------------AMC----------------
---------------l-------------------
--------FC---v---FC--------------

If not a 4-4-2 with wingers moving forward

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports