Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flying to Sunderland

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Return flights from Stansted to Newcastle for the Sunderland game are only £55 with Easyjet. Must be cheaper than the train !!!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
We've booked with BA flying out of Gatwick. Costs a bit more (about £80.00) but we can fly at a reasonable time with an airline rather than a flying bus

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was told there were no flights form Gatwick to Newcastle, bastards:angry:

Just checked, I'm certain that I was told there were no flights when I asked, but there they are, f***ing bollocks.

Pah to my Ha:angry:

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Superphil said:
I was told there were no flights form Gatwick to Newcastle, bastards:angry:

If you are planning to go up Saturday morning there are not. However if you go up the night before it is fine and you can get back to Gatwick on Saturday evening or Sunday.

The train will cost either £20 or £32 from Kings Cross to Newcastle. Nothing on sale at present due to Network Rail not confirming what they are doing that weekend.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
nothing wrong with easyjet been to spain with them and they are top drawer for the price

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
caz99 said:
nothing wrong with easyjet been to spain with them and they are top drawer for the price

Dont get me wrong, I like Easyjet, you get what you pay for. But we just decided that this time we would prefer to a) Fly out of Gatwick rather than trudge up to some godforsaken part of East Anglia and b) fly at a reasonable time of day (11.00 Friday morning) c) More attractive stewardess's

We are paying a bit more for that priviledge but its only money!

CARSHALTONLADY

Jul 28, 2004
carshalton
Hopefully BA not on strike as I'm on the 09.55 from Heathrow Saturday morning returning on the 12.00 Sunday.

These flights still available although appears to have gone up nearly £50 since I booked. Cheaper options available travelling up Friday night or earlier flights back Sunday.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Paddy B said:
Dont get me wrong, I like Easyjet, you get what you pay for. But we just decided that this time we would prefer to a) Fly out of Gatwick rather than trudge up to some godforsaken part of East Anglia and b) fly at a reasonable time of day (11.00 Friday morning) c) More attractive stewardess's

We are paying a bit more for that priviledge but its only money!

See you on the plane then!!:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here