Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flying Ant Day

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Loads on the evening dog walk through West West Hove. Seagulls pecking the main roads, oblivious to traffic, which is always a sure sign.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Early days here in North Kent, with a chill northern wind blowing, but soon to be infused with ant-stimulating essence of [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]'s pizza.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just came in to start the “Flying Ant Day 2022” thread as there’s a fair few of the ******** around Findon this evening.

Utter wankers.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Driving back from Lewes to Worthing this evening, so many were hitting the windscreen it sounded like rain

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A few Seagulls in Queen's Park returning from an evening out on the Flying Ant Lash. I anticipate a full on row between the couple on the opposite roof later.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Had an army of them burst out from a small gap in one of the skirting boards earlier today after having new carpet put down in the hall (previously laminate flooring) Never seen anything like it before! I'm presuming there is a big nest in the wall cavity and the new carpet sealed multiple small holes creating a choke point in the skirting board?

Spent most of the evening trying to get rid of them and treat the area.
x78mI0w.jpg

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep saw my first one of the summer today.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nothing here in north Kent

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I'm hoping that my current situation (in the house, working my way through Covid) means I miss the little buggers. Might keep an eye out for daredevil seagulls swooping down to pick them off the road - hopefully dodging the traffic - then drunkenly flying off again. :lol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This might explain there being loads of Seagulls on the outfield at the County Ground. They've taken over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here