Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flowers - Apology Due From Ian Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I want to know when the operation was done to seperate them and who made the two person suit.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Ceasar Romero or Jack Nicholson?

As for SSZ don't worry about an olive branch, but perhaps in light of this whole thread, and the fact it all could have been sorted out with a lone PM, I'm not the only one who should engage my brain before making rash statements.

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mr H - I didn't make the rash statement ! YOU did !

May I suggest that in future, like all good journalists do, that before repeating a story or rumour, that you double check the "facts" first - preferably from a different source.

Have you written your letter to JP yet ?

:smokin: :bhasign: :falmer: :bhasign: :falmer: :bhasign: :falmer: :bhasign: :falmer: :bhasign: :falmer:

I think the flowers were a great idea and they gave a lot of positivity to the situation. I'll be honest, I'm terrified that Falmer won't get permission, it would be a tragedy, but even though we are all worried about the man with the big hat making a silly decision we still did something bright and colourful and cheery to him and for ourselves. It was a wicked idea and hopefully none of the flowers were wasted, I'm sure even those in government wouldn't have thrown them away, although maybe seeing joy and beauty, rejecting it and throwing it in the bin is a fitting metaphor for those in power at the moment (although hopefully not suitable for the way they will treat Falmer.)

xx

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
SSZ I have written to JP but your still missing the point, you misquoted what I actually said on the post Luton show in the first place, which in turn was the whole crux of this thread.
We all get duff info once in a while, even you Alan Golds, but I don't know about you but I've actually got a life to be getting on with so can we put the lid on this one please?

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath
The lid on the wheelie bin ?

No, I haven't missed the point at all as well you know.

The spin you put on the matter may well have upset quite a few folk especially as everyone is trying very hard to keep the campaign going. You certainly gave the impression that the flowers were dumped in wheelie bins and that was a real downer. Hardly conducive to keeping our particular pot boiling.

Seems to me that you can't bring yourself to admitting an incredible faux pas, one which the campaign could ill afford.

A few years ago when editor of 'Gullseye' instead of having a solicitor check each issue for slander you didn't and paid a very heavy price.

Facts are facts but sometimes they are "facts".

Suggest you engage the checkometer a little more often.

:smokin:

:bhasign: :falmer: :falmer: :bhasign: :falmer: :bhasign: :falmer: :bhasign: :falmer:

It's a shame that Albion fans who've done well for themselves through their talents like Harty have to put up with this kind of petty jealousy.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Very personal attack that no one else seems interested in.
Shame that it has to be done on an Albion FANS site.
Ian Hart is Brighton through and through.Loves the club and the fans,His clapping and waving at Wycombe proving it.
If he made a mistake so what,we all do and he will make more, why such an attack of this style is pathetic.Glad to see Ian has not taken the bait and kept the argument going.Perhaps it would enlighten more FANS why SSZ seems to have so much pleasure in reminding Ian of losing money over Gullseye ? The publication that played a quite important part in keeping the club going.Will this "faux pas" have any effect on Precotts decision ? I don't think so.Will it put our campaign in danger,NO.
Keep up the good work Harty.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Absolutely:

LOCK THIS NOW AND LET IT SLIDE AWAY PLEASE MODERATORS

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
South Stand Zealot said:
The lid on the wheelie bin ?

No, I haven't missed the point at all as well you know.

The spin you put on the matter may well have upset quite a few folk especially as everyone is trying very hard to keep the campaign going. You certainly gave the impression that the flowers were dumped in wheelie bins and that was a real downer. Hardly conducive to keeping our particular pot boiling.

Seems to me that you can't bring yourself to admitting an incredible faux pas, one which the campaign could ill afford.

A few years ago when editor of 'Gullseye' instead of having a solicitor check each issue for slander you didn't and paid a very heavy price.

Facts are facts but sometimes they are "facts".

Suggest you engage the checkometer a little more often.

I think the point was made several points ago!!! What do you want SSZ, the head of Harty delivered on a BBC dinnerplate? All this raking up personal history from Gulls Eye days is irrelevant and unecessarily personal IMHO.

I'm very inclined to agree with Beach Hut about the future of this topic - it doesn't have one!

Last edited:

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've now gone on gardening leave having made my very valid point that privileged positions demand responsibility - and not a few agreed with me.

The campaign in ALL it facets is the most important thing that should be exercising our collective minds - we don't need any more negative comments about it thank you very much.

I have it on good authority that the cleaner at Hove Town Hall kept finding curious little objects on the floor where Mr Hoile had been sitting for 36 days out of the 39 of the Public Inquiry.

Having amassed quite a collection he took them to his supervisor.

Seems Mr Hoile used new ear plugs every day !

Or was his personal tranny locked permanently on to SCR ?

:smokin:

:bhasign: :falmer: :bhasign: :falmer: :bhasign: :falmer: :bhasign: :falmer:

South Stand Zealot said:
I've now gone on gardening leave

Where are those Triffids when you need them

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have had enough of this. Harty is a legend in my eyes, and if he has a different view on the flowers issue then who cares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here