Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flowers - Apology Due From Ian Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beach Hut said:
I think so - let's not all beat each other up over a stonkingly good publicity stunt that gave our plight good media coverage.
... and made the very important point that the future of the Albion is not just about a "provincial football club", but is a matter of NATIONAL significance, since 91 other league clubs are supporting us.

A single wreath would not have made that point.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
South Stand Zealot and Henfield one CALM DOWN! "South Stand", I accepted what you said to me because I didnt want to get into a slanging match, but now this thread seems to be getting a bit nasty I just want to calm things down a bit. When I said that Harty was "soley" responsible for the fans phone in all I meant was that he was responsible for the organisation of the slot.Yes, I fully accept that you first mentioned the idea but he was the one who chased it up and made it happen.I apologise for not making myself clear.
"Henfield One", everyone appreciates what you and others did that day.I understand that you feel a bit annoyed if things have been said which are different to the way things happened.But thats the whole point, you WERE THERE, Harty wasnt. If he says something on his show or column that isnt true then by all means correct him, like you have here.Remember that Harty is a true Albion fan and I'm sure he wouldnt say anything unless he thought it to be true. He must have been told this information by someone he trusted. He cant be expected to turn detective on every point he brings up on his show, he does have another job you know! If he never said anything that was wrong or controversial he wouldnt be normal and his shows would be boring.Thats not belittling what you have said, thats fact!
I think that a lot of the people who put money towards the flowers probably realised that it would be symbolic only and that once they had done their job they would be disposed of.But its great to know that you and others made sure they went to a good home.Its good that you have put the record straight and I'm sure Harty now accepts that his information was untrue.He made a mistake,lets not hang him for it.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Wise words great mate.
If I have upset anybody over this issue I would like to take this opportunity to apologise, including the prat who started this thread in the first place, although the suggestion that he do it in a PM rather than a post is probably the most sensible thing on here.
I shouldn't really have to write this but for the record and the benefit of SSZ, I am 100% behind the Falmer campaign and anything that is used to publicise it, but again this thread highlights how fickle NSC can be. This time last week I was being slagged off for being too emotional, ie biased, when Norman Baker came on, 7 days on and now I'm painted in certain quarters as being anti Falmer.
I hope everyone loved the flowers and I hope they show Prescott the strength of our feelings.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty

Just to cheer you up I loved Mary's comments on the radio last night something to the effect of " Cheer up Albion fans things could be worse, the weather is really bad in Grimsby " or something equally irrelevant and pointless. Bless her.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
And SSZ for the record at my first meeting at SCR in August 1998 it was the suggestion of both then sports editor Jeff Maskell and myself that ultimately Albion fans should have their own phone-in forum, something which I'd also suggested in a copy of Gulls Eye in 1995 or was that you as well South Stand Zealot?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Most of them went off in the car to the hospital. The rest were either handed out, which was actually quite difficult, "Free flowers? Get lost!" was most people's response. I managed to hand out three bunches though. Someone at the train station mentioned seeing some in a bin. Maybe someone gave up trying to get rid of them! The last three bunches were taken home by Fatboy, DTES and Hilton. That day was nackering. On my feet all day.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
perry-hart.jpg

Says it all really.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty

Spandau Ballets " Fight for ourselves " or " through the barricades " with a backdrop of Albion moments in the background.

Could be big I reckon.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey said:
Most of them went off in the car to the hospital. The rest were either handed out, which was actually quite difficult, "Free flowers? Get lost!" was most people's response. I managed to hand out three bunches though. Someone at the train station mentioned seeing some in a bin. Maybe someone gave up trying to get rid of them! The last three bunches were taken home by Fatboy, DTES and Hilton. That day was nackering. On my feet all day.

I was given one of the bunches to take home before the Luton game. I put them in the boot of the car until I got home. I put them into water and they are still going strong now.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
That reminds me, Harty, I still haven't done you a print of that pic yet have I? If I remember rightly, not only did you want to keep the warmth of that moment in your heart, you also wanted a copy of the evidence at Harty Towers.

Do you want it with a floral border by any chance? :D :D :D

Turkey said:

Why have we gone back to the Take That thread? Why are Gary Barlow and Robbie wearing suits?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Would you buy a used car off either of them?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I wouldn't even buy a new car off either of them!
Really dodgy.
:lolol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here