Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
He would be an asset that ideally we wouldn’t need to utilize and would be sold at the end of the season, this really would be the only circumstance in which he would return to the club and it’s a shame for him and us.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
We are only one injury away from needing another striker so with him fit and available for the second half of the season he might still be a blessing in disguise.

I would prefer one of our u23 strikers on loan doing well to have that opportunity rather than him. He was dead to me before now after that kind of injury he might not be the player he was even.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who comes in to that category?

Potter’s your man for that question. Did you even consider that Alzate and Connolly would be first team regulars before pre-season?

If you say you did I’d say you were lying :wink:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Potter’s your man for that question. Did you even consider that Alzate and Connolly would be first team regulars before pre-season?

If you say you did I’d say you were lying :wink:

I certainly didn't, one had an uninspiring loan at Luton the other a mediocre experience at Swindon Town. I thought Potter would come in and promote someone as a message to the rest of "you have a chance if you can show you have the talent" I was hopeful of Tudor Baluta, Taylor Richards or Viktor Gyokeres making the jump but I'm delighted we have shown faith in some and expect to see more given such an opportunity over the coming years

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I would prefer one of our u23 strikers on loan doing well to have that opportunity rather than him. He was dead to me before now after that kind of injury he might not be the player he was even.

I don't think it was a really bad injury.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
But also I don't see him as someone to bear a grudge.

It depends how Florin reacts

This. If Andone was to eat a large slice of humble pie, get his head down and stop being a d1ckhead, I can see GPott picking him again.

There is a lot of love for Andone from the Galatesary fans on his Twitter account.

But at the same time, he'll be looking at our results v Spurs and Arsenal as well as the performance v Liverpool and thinking, what I wonder. These are amongst the top clubs in the world when compared to some of the teams in the Turkish top div.

Personally, I don't think he'll change only based on what I've seen of him 3rd hand, but you never know.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Good player but a liability , get the impression Potter has no time for that,

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
This. If Andone was to eat a large slice of humble pie, get his head down and stop being a d1ckhead, I can see GPott picking him again.

There is a lot of love for Andone from the Galatesary fans on his Twitter account.

But at the same time, he'll be looking at our results v Spurs and Arsenal as well as the performance v Liverpool and thinking, what I wonder. These are amongst the top clubs in the world when compared to some of the teams in the Turkish top div.

Personally, I don't think he'll change only based on what I've seen of him 3rd hand, but you never know.

Yes, agree. Whilst I didn't really think that Locardia was good enough, I wasn't sure about Andone. Possibly he was justified in his alleged frustration with a lack of game time last year, but his indiscipline certainly cost us against Stains, which was a desperate shame, as I am sure we would have won that match. Will he change, now that he is back having treatment - I am not at all optimistic, but you never know.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I was really unhappy with him when we played Shampton. We had waited ages for the season to start, and the time taken out to get to the game and get home was a complete waste of everyone's time, the fans, Potter's and his team mates. I'm over it now and if Potter feels like he is useful I would back that decision all the way. Likewise if he is of no use to Potter I will back that too. If he does play for us again it will be for the right reasons.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I certainly didn't, one had an uninspiring loan at Luton the other a mediocre experience at Swindon Town.

Are you determined to talking rubbish or something? Connolly was injured, so was only available for a few games at the end of the season for Luton , without the chance to work up to match fitness. Alzate was superb at Swindon - often ran the midfield for them, and the Swindon fans thought he was excellent - very positive reactions, bit like White's when he was at \Newport.

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who comes in to that category?

Longman, Cashman, Radulovic, perhaps - might not set the PL on fire, but would do a job. Or maybe Mlakar, if we recall him from QPR where his loan is doing him FA good - though I think he'd be better loaned out to a Championship or League 1 team that would actually play him.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I think we will all remember Andone for the extreme moments: his fantastic determined run and finish v Palace; his red cards. Sadly the latter make him a liability as far as I’m concerned .

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think we will all remember Andone for the extreme moments: his fantastic determined run and finish v Palace; his red cards. Sadly the latter make him a liability as far as I’m concerned .

Do you consider Mooy a liability following his red card against Villa that cost us the game? Or have you forgiven him yet and moved on?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Do you consider Mooy a liability following his red card against Villa that cost us the game? Or have you forgiven him yet and moved on?

Not comparable. That was Mooy first ever red card in his career. He isn't a walking red card like Andone.A guy with a proper chip on his shoulder while being paid 40k per week. PRICK

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ohhhh someone's jealous. :lolol:

A prick AND paid £40k a week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here