Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Have always been a big fan of him.
Plenty of credit in my book.

Does need to settle in the dressing room and not butt heads with Maupay over who's got the biggest coq.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
3 yellows in his 9 starts for the club.

He was subbed off in every game he started. So yes that would be much more than he wanted.
However that had more to do with Hughton than it did Andone.

As a player I rate him. But if when you watched him you weren’t regularly worried he wouldn’t get himself sent off, then I’m not sure what you were seeing! Let’s hope he’s got some bite about him, but with a little bit of intelligence

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I've got a very good friend also called Florin and also Romanian.
Very very hard working
Very very fiery and passionate and set in his ways.
Very principled.
Wants to do everything right.
Tends to react badly to criticism, starts shouting but then comes back and apologises when he's thought things over ( if he's wrong .)

I'd rather have him on my side in any confrontation than against me.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
He was fantastic especially the Palace goal and Huddersfield away goal , then Saints happened and he is a complete arse . He played up and was shipped out with all his insults to us but ! , if you cant make friends at Galatasaray ? ....... I think /hope he sees his career going down the toilet unless he earns some brownie points . Whether that effort is for him to earn a move or whether it is because he realises what he had is anyone`s guess , but if he makes a difference - why not ???

He’s the missing nasty irritant little shithouse I honestly think we are missing.

He’s a natural finisher and works hard.

My only concern is him and Maupay will try to out shithouse each other if they are both playing.

Imagine the return and scoring the winner against palace

I’ve always liked him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

could be something in that. i still dont think its any coincidence that Maupays drop in form and hissy fit was the same time as Wellbeck started playing. Maupay may not take too well to more "competition" for his number 1 striker role.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
All of this!

He's barely had a sniff with us.
Playing off scraps under Hughton and barely starting.

His premier league stats for us are:
4 goals from 20 shots
944 minutes played
3 big chances missed

Maupay's are:
17 goals from 144 shots
4308 minutes played
18 big chances missed.

I'm hoping he is still the same player he was before injury.
If so he is genuine competition for Neal.

Statastic! Good work. 4 goals in 20 shots? He would be on a hat trick a game if he had been playing this season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Exactly, I can’t remember a Brighton player ever behaving as badly as him. He is so lucky we took him back.

.......could you remind me again what he did so wrong other than a dodgy tackle vs Saints?

This will be one helluva come back if it happens.

I recall at the time that along with Locadia he was described by Warren Aspinall on Radio Sussex as a 'bad apple' and not the sort we want at the club when he left.

Paul Hayward tweeted this as well:

[tweet]1168547363180490752[/tweet]

Interestingly, these are my 2 takes on it. A red card isn’t really about his character - so I’ve seen nothing with my eyes to suggest he’s an ******** - maybe the Bernardo argument thing wasn’t good but I don’t know....

However, the Hayward tweet stuck in my mind - I want to know if he was half guessing or acting on 2nd hand info or if he really knows Andone wasn’t popular... Did he ever elaborate on that tweet does anyone know? Or does anyone know him to ask I wonder?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
However, the Hayward tweet stuck in my mind - I want to know if he was half guessing or acting on 2nd hand info or if he really knows Andone wasn’t popular... Did he ever elaborate on that tweet does anyone know? Or does anyone know him to ask I wonder?

Don't think he's ever elaborated.

I've always suspected it was the fan talking rather than the journalist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here